93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 03:46 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Supercharger

Anyone know where i could find on for a 98 v6? Im located in San Diego, and am trying to do some research. Any ideas?

Old 05-24-2010, 04:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by MTRIMBOLI
Anyone know where i could find on for a 98 v6? Im located in San Diego, and am trying to do some research. Any ideas?

As you will soon be told the best idea is to forget about it. Yes it can be done however the fabrication work is unreal not to mention that you cant just slap a blower on a naturally aspirated engine and expect it to actually last. This question about the super charger / turbo is asked atleast 3 times a week so expect the responses to not all be positive. The very bottom line is that its nearly impossible to get something like this to work unless your last name happens to be Foose then it'd still be a job.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by nosc
unless your last name happens to be Foose then it'd still be a job.

lol chip would put a big block in it anyways

Old 05-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Overdrive Member

Once apon a time ago there was a kit. Now 12 years later there is no kit. Powerdyne made one and I think there was one from whipple but those are long out of production due to lack of popularity. Good luck adapting the GTP SC to your engine, it can be done but it is a nightmare and the fab work is off the wall. You can get the same or better results with nitrous, pistons, cam and a good tune.

Massey

Old 05-25-2010, 06:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
lol chip would put a big block in it anyways

True . But maybe then the blower would be out the hood or something crazy like that? Then again that big block is needed to turn those big *** rims he uses on everything.

Hey OP you wanna try something fun try changing the plugs in the drive way , that will help you get the blower in perspective !

I just done mine last weekend and I dunno who said it here but all I could think while bleeding and between cussing was " this would be way easier with the engine out "

Last edited by nosc; 05-25-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

havent changed my plugs yet they need to be done but ive been putting it off for that very reason maybe ill have my friends at midas do it for me lol they can bleed and cuss (seriously they are my friends prob get it done for 20 bucks)

Old 05-26-2010, 12:06 AM
1st Gear Member

why does everyone seem to fuss about the spark plugs....theres way worse things to do to these 4th gens than plugs and wires... i did mine in my garage in under 1hr and that was plugs and wires

Old 05-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Heh, heh, can you get this one to fit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0qeYd5gcnQ

Old 05-26-2010, 02:52 AM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

Originally Posted by mbar
why does everyone seem to fuss about the spark plugs....theres way worse things to do to these 4th gens than plugs and wires... i did mine in my garage in under 1hr and that was plugs and wires
exactly. did my plugs and wires in 45 minutes. not that bad, and only one little scrap, and yea i have big hands. really isn't that hard.

try swapping injectors on a diesel or something if you want to complain.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:58 AM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

@ camaro69, that is insane! lol, can't believe the size of that blower. fired it once, tapped the throttle and blew the head gaskets, i believe it!

Quick Reply: Supercharger