93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

spark knock, what tha hell

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default spark knock, what tha hell

ok so this code p1351 keeps coming up and it's for a bad coil pack, plug wire, or plugs i have all new wires and could packs, with new plugs

Old 04-24-2007, 10:12 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: spark knock, what tha hell

Doesn't sound like a spark knock. More of a misfire problem. Anyhow, P1351 is defined as Ignition Coil Control Circuit High Voltage. I'd honestly recommend you remove the ignition module and take it to Autozone. They'll be able to bench test it on their machine. That will tell you whether it's good or not.

Are you experiencing any drivability problems?

Old 04-25-2007, 12:07 AM
In the Staging Lanes

the only problem i am having is right before the code comes up it will kind act like it is hesitating kinda, and if ya'll remeber i posted about some pinging and light knocking noise

Old 04-25-2007, 12:12 AM
2nd Gear member

Understandable. I'd advise you seafoam your vehicle. Detailed tutorials can be found. You want to clean the upper engine parts, such as the intake and upper cylinders. This may cleanse the parts of carbon buildup that cause hotspots in the cylinder, pre igniting the fuel. As for the DTC set, remove all three coil packs and remove the plate that is located directly underneath of them. This is your ignition module. There are two small bolts holding the wiring harness connector in, so be careful when removing it.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:25 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i did the seafoam about a month ago and ill remove them tomorrow, i remeber how to do it from when i put the after market ones on there, and i was having this problem more when i had the stock stuff on there more often

Old 04-25-2007, 12:33 AM
2nd Gear member

If I remember, I'll check AllData for a diagnostic chart for that particular code.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 AM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks

Old 04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Overdrive Member

So how does seafoam differ from Lucas Fuel Treatment?

http://lucasoil.hodgsoncorp.com/luca..._treatment.htm

ORIGINAL: usarmyrangrs

Understandable. I'd advise you seafoam your vehicle. Detailed tutorials can be found. You want to clean the upper engine parts, such as the intake and upper cylinders. This may cleanse the parts of carbon buildup that cause hotspots in the cylinder, pre igniting the fuel. As for the DTC set, remove all three coil packs and remove the plate that is located directly underneath of them. This is your ignition module. There are two small bolts holding the wiring harness connector in, so be careful when removing it.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:45 PM
2nd Gear member

I'm not entirely familiar with the Lucas chemical make up. Seafoam is simply an all around good cleanser and any reputable technician would most likely agree. I deal with the Lucas cleanser at work for the 18 wheeler engines. Truck driver's despise the stuff, to be honest. Not so sure why.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:34 PM

If the rest of Lucas' products are like their gear lube, I'd stay clear away from it. I used that junk in my 300Z and I began having synchro issues within 2 days. Drained it and poured some redline and all was well. I have used seafoam many times and in one instance it clear a sticking lifter. I use it in the crankcase, fuel and intake.

Quick Reply: spark knock, what tha hell