93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

So much for Christmas Spirit

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Default So much for Christmas Spirit

So about a week ago my father informed me that I had blown (the welding on) the muffler of my Camaro ...He noticed it as soon as he drove it to get an oil change the day after I got back from PA ( about two hours away from where I live). I took it to get fixed, everything went fine ...I assume since its a 95' something like that was going to go at some point anyway, plus I was the first person to really drive it in two years ....now tonight I was coming home from my Christmas shopping I was stopped at a red light, and the car simply died ...in the middle of a left turn lane with plenty of traffic coming off of good old rt 22(a major highway by me) ...with me directing traffic like an a$$hole haha ....finally my mom brought me a gallon of gas (Thanks ma!) to make it to the gas station ...the car BARLEY turned on ...and I booked it out of there blowing my horn swerving around everyone so I could make it to the gas station! ...The car has a fuel sensor problem, the gas meter does not get a proper reading and will sometimes say it has a full tank when really theres only half ...or worse, so I reset the trip A ODO every 200 miles (when I fill up) I was only at 130 miles, when it died ....What Im thinking is that I thought my father filled it up out of the kindness of his heart and reset it, when really my little brother was playing with the buttons ...reset it, and never filled it up! (he'll be getting coal for christmas ...jackass) ....well anyway I'd like to get the problem with my fuel sensor fixed but I was told its very costly so I guess it'll have to wait until after the holidays ...Well Happy Holidays everyone, make sure you get gas!

-Sara

Old 12-16-2006, 03:37 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: So much for Christmas Spirit

if its the fuel pump itself, you might as well just guess. Mine does the same thing i just assume for 20mpg. i dont remember your exact fuel tank size i think its 15.5 so roughly 310 to a tank. I always assume for much less i fill mine at 270 every time. So id just carry a notebook with you in your glove box and every time you fill up for the next month mark it down and youll average out. Or this is from a post i searched for here.

"The fuel level sender is in the tank, attached to the fuel pump, and is wired directly to the fuel gage.
Test gage before going after the sending unit:
1) Disconnect connector C05A (Black 5 way connector in front of rear axle)
2) Turn ignition ON, gauge should show Full
3) Connect pin #2 of connector (has a Purple wire) to ground, gauge should show empty.
4) If gage works OK, change sending unit. Got to drop the fuel tank to get to it!
5) If gage not OK, then check for wiring problem, or bad gage." not sure who posted that anymore but kudoos

Wish you luck.