93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Shes Dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:23 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Shes Dead

Driving to work tonight, and my radio starts going crazy on me flickering and ****, then i get off my exit to work,, and basically the car just starts dying on me, lights got dim, starting stalling out on me, this started to happen ever since i got my new tires, now i know thats not the problem, the tranny is basically going on me i guess, could it be the tranny??? the motor??? fuel filter/pump???? anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Old 07-24-2007, 12:32 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Shes Dead

way to many things could be going wrong based on what info you've given...

although, if the car is stalling, then something with the engine is obviously wrong...

could be anything really

Old 07-24-2007, 12:37 AM
2nd Gear member

Yeah thats what i told myself after reading that 2 lol, i dont know the thing just isnt right, the tranny just wont shift properly, When im in [D] (overdrive) the tranny feels really sluggish, and actually wont ****ft out of third from what i can hear, so i thi8nk i gotta get a re-build. My friends like flush it, but it think doing that might make it worse since whatevers in there is holding everything together.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:09 AM
2nd Gear member

If i do wind up replacing my tranny/ will the 4L80-E Gm tranny fit ??? i know ill probably need a conversion kit , just wannt know if i can do a little upgrade there.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:26 AM
3rd Gear Member

one of the problem sounds like its electrical. Did you look at the battery gauge too see if she is discharging while she was running?

How many miles is on her? It might be time to replace the spark plugs & wires.

Is the SES light on?

Old 07-24-2007, 12:50 PM
1st Gear Member

might be the alternator. pretty much had the same thing happen

Old 07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I thought u meant Tammi Faye![&o]

Old 07-24-2007, 05:20 PM
2nd Gear member

the alternator would cause all of the above, sometimes when the alternator isnt charging it messes with the tranny as well, check that first, take it out and take it to autozone for a test, i almost gaurantee thats it.

and i would also reccommend a tranny flush, my bud had the same symptoms with the trans and he said the same thing about the gunk or debris is holding the trans together, thats just not true, he got the flush and it was 10X better, get a good trans flush after the alternator is fixed, and it will drive much better.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:27 PM
2nd Gear member

Well first off thanks to all of you for your help... second of all im going to replace my plugs wires, plugs, fuel pump, altenator so thank you alll once again, Third of all, i got it towed yesterday from where i left it the other night and my friend that was towing it with me said that he had a few 4th gens especially 2 1994's like my own, and he said, and it was hard to believe.... that since the fuse blew for my gauges, that could potentially throw the whole electrical system off b/c apparently it completes the circut for the entire electrical system, so i guess its possible for a 10 amp fuse to bog down my car i guess?? lol, ill try spending 10 cents be4 i spend a 1000.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:30 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: TheStig

one of the problem sounds like its electrical. Did you look at the battery gauge too see if she is discharging while she was running?

How many miles is on her? It might be time to replace the spark plugs & wires.

Is the SES light on?

To add to that Stig..... yes in fact my SES light comes on once in a while but then shuts off, it has about 197000 miles on the ***** lol, So yea the light is totally random, ill bring it to my friend find what code it is and ill post it , thank!!!!

Quick Reply: Shes Dead