93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Is this rice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Is this rice?

Put the rims on you like. I hate them but if you want neon go for it. If you want it to look nice its ok. Sometimes its better to look good than it is to feel good.
But SS and Z28 emblems on a Camaro that does not deserve them, well...Thats just poser.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:09 AM
1st Gear Member

thanks for the responses guys. Does anyone know where I can get the stripes i'm talking about for my car? I found these http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/inc/sdetail/8628 that they make for my 99' camaro, I would get them in black. But I don't really like how they go from wide to thin. As far as rims go, yea I like the c5/6's as well but i've seen zo6 rims on a 99 red camaro before and I thought it looked real sharp. I wouldn't do neons though, aren't those the lights that go under ur car to make like a green or blue shadow? I'm not really into that, I'm more for making the car look clean while also making it unique. Thanks again for the responses guys.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:19 PM

Okay, I hate when people try to define ricer. No offense to any of you here, I have a 96 Camaro, and a 01 Celica...But if you try to define ricer, you just can't. a ricer is a car that's an import and has a body kit and wheels. A ricer can have turbo, and all the performance mods. Ricer just refers to the import cars. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to put decals on the car.. I like the ones that you found actually. But don't put SS or Z28 badges on your car..please. That is the poser area of racing. If you have a V6, congrats, its a pretty peppy motor. A V8 is good too, but don't put badges on it that you can't backup. Just my opinion and the Z28 wheels are nice man.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: Hibby07

Okay, I hate when people try to define ricer. No offense to any of you here, I have a 96 Camaro, and a 01 Celica...But if you try to define ricer, you just can't. a ricer is a car that's an import and has a body kit and wheels. A ricer can have turbo, and all the performance mods. Ricer just refers to the import cars. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to put decals on the car.. I like the ones that you found actually. But don't put SS or Z28 badges on your car..please. That is the poser area of racing. If you have a V6, congrats, its a pretty peppy motor. A V8 is good too, but don't put badges on it that you can't backup. Just my opinion and the Z28 wheels are nice man.
I have always thought ricer went with asian imports but I am old and dont keep up with the younger generations ways. Just like people cant refer to my Ducati as a rice rocket (japanese bike). Its a pasta rocket.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

This is what I think is a "ricer"

I believe a ricer is anyone that makes thier car all flash, dropps money into making a car look fast, the whole paint job rims body kit hood coloring the brakes and so on, as long as there is equal or more money under the hood its fine but as soon as you care more about making it look fast your a ricer. Now if your making like a show car to look nice thats differnet, but to give the impression like super loud exhaust and driving it fast when it aint with a wing thats suppose to be on a 747 your a ricer. just my opinion.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:42 PM

i think bod kits and big rims are hideouse. fart cans belong on imports and compact domestics
dual exhaust donte right no coffe can/ fart can etc.

nice racing rims like some fat mags etc. kregrs stuff like that. clear corners are iffy i see that on a hundred civics.

ide look stock[sm=hiya.gif] sound mean[sm=badbadbad.gif] and run like a bat outta hell[sm=gears.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif]

Old 11-16-2006, 09:59 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i dont think z06 wheels are rice....well,cause if i thought so i wouldnt have them on my car.. :]....i have to 18's in the back and 17's in the front...check it out...it dont think it looks rice...do you?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2457390

ill try to put some better pics up later when i get a better camera...these were taken from a camera phone but you get the idea.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Overdrive Member

A GM wheel from one model to another model GM is not rice. It looks good. Now when your pitting 20s' on your car and it raises it so high that a 6 foot tall person can wash the rockers without bend is wrong! A cars rocker panel should not be off the ground as high as a pickups rocker.[:'(]

Old 11-17-2006, 12:04 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: slowZ

i dont think z06 wheels are rice....well,cause if i thought so i wouldnt have them on my car.. :]....i have to 18's in the back and 17's in the front...check it out...it dont think it looks rice...do you?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2457390

ill try to put some better pics up later when i get a better camera...these were taken from a camera phone but you get the idea.

I like your rims and the setup with 18's in the back and 17's in the front. I was looking to get chrome zo6's with that setup. This is someone's ride that I saw on car domain, 99' red cam and the rims i want http://www.cardomain.com/ride/378536 . I think it looks pretty good. The interior of his car is a different story though [:'(]

Old 11-17-2006, 12:56 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i like it....even though i wouldnt do that to the interior. but the chrome z06 wheels look good. i like them on the red car. definatley not rice!

Quick Reply: Is this rice?