93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Is this rice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Is this rice?

Hey guys,

I don't post here too frequently but I do read a lot of threads for information so I don't make mistakes that other drivers have made and regret. I have a 99' camaro v6 and recently installed a few things on it to clean it up, billet grill, clear corners, smoothlocks, chrome lettering on the back, billet antenna, ect. I was planning on getting an ls1 sometime next year despite the fact that I got this car only 9 months ago. However, after installing these things the car is looking a lot better and i realized if i buy an LS1 next year I could only afford the car and not anything else like an exhaust, headers, cam, and all that. So i'll probably hold onto this one for about a year and a half or two years longer. my question is, is getting 17/18 inch z06 chrome rims and hood stripe decals "rice" on a v6 camaro? I wouldn't hesitate to put these things on an ls1 if I had it but would doing these things just be putting out a wrong message, like "hey look at me, I have a v6 but pretend like it's fast....." I hate how people put body kits and such on their non-suped up toyotas/civics and stuff so would that essentially be the same thing? Sorry for the long post, just wanted everyone to understand the situation. Any reply is appreciated whether it's positive or negative. Thanks.

Old 11-15-2006, 03:33 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Is this rice?

Last I checked the V6's(3.4's 3.8's) were fast. Most car reivews say that it can hang with most V8's (my car has beat'n a 87' Monte Carlo SS 350)

Any way if you set it up likea ricer then itsa ricer ex big 'coffee can exhaulst' out the back end some off market body kit trying to make it look likea Honda etc....just dont make it be a ricer.

Old 11-15-2006, 03:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I definently don't want to be considered a ricer, so that's why I was wondering if people consider zo6 rims and hood stripe decals to be rice on a v6. Thanks for the reply though.

Old 11-15-2006, 03:39 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Bzman

I definently don't want to be considered a ricer, so that's why I was wondering if people consider zo6 rims and hood stripe decals to be rice on a v6. Thanks for the reply though.

In my opinion its like having cobra rims on a mustang.

Edit personally I don't see why it matters if it's consider 'ricer' or not. It's your car you should do what you want with it. And personally ive never seen a ricer camaro. but yah know good luck with that.

Old 11-15-2006, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member

True, good point about the cobra rims. i think the rally stripes going down the hood in black would look pretty sweet on the red camaro and the rims would definently look sharp as well. Just wanted to make sure if there was some type of general consensus where stuff like that is frowned upon unless you're running an ls1. I'll probably just go for it. Thanks again.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:47 AM
3rd Gear Member

If you got more money tied up in making it look "fast" with neons, body kit, wing, etc. and that costs more than your motor mods and your car, then it is a ricer.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:55 AM
1st Gear Member

"rice" is just a word to describe all the cheaply-done imports and "fast and the furious" era/style cars. Neons, aftermarket spoilers, cheap window decals and tints, and coffee can cat-back exhaust are really the only things that can make you a "ricer".

Putting rims or actual camaro decals on your camaro makes you nothing close to rice. About the only thing you could do besides what I listed above, to get looked down upon, is to slap on some Z28 or SS decals on your V6 - as long as you steer away from that, which I'm pretty sure you would lol, you're fine. And on a side note, the 3.8 Camaro can and will hang with many V8's (not camaro v8's, just other average V8's on the road).

Old 11-15-2006, 12:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

I'm personally not a fan of the Z06 rims on a car other than the ZO6 Corvette. The only thing that bothers me is the Corvette logo. Other than that they would look amazing.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:54 PM
2nd Gear member

In regards to Norm and the corvette logo...
What about getting someone to cut a vinyl of the camaro emblem... I've got a buddy that does that kind of stuff around here. But a really good bet on someone that could do it would be Brent Franker of bfranker.badz28.com he does all kinds of F-body vinyls.
And by logo I dont mean the word Camaro but the crest. i don't like the z06 rims on camaro's either, But I do love the C5/C6 rims.
I Dont think the Zo6's go with the camaro body style that well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4475/100F30AF2AAD457880CCA989D2983A7E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-15-2006, 05:58 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: shnormo

I'm personally not a fan of the Z06 rims on a car other than the ZO6 Corvette. The only thing that bothers me is the Corvette logo. Other than that they would look amazing.

the vette logo was on the 60's camaros wasnt it? or am i mistaken.

Quick Reply: Is this rice?