93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Resale value of my Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:00 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default Resale value of my Camaro?

Hey guys, I check out KBB for the resale value of my car but I also wanted to grab some other, more informed opions if that is all right. I'll just get right to it I guess:

It is a 2002 in pewter silver, some of it was repainted. It has about 80,000 miles on it. I bought it with 60,000 miles on it just over 18 months ago. I had the dealer I bought it from repaint both rear quaterpanels and the spoiler because they were keyed pretty bad. the two front fenders and nose were also repainted when I had a new hood installed too. The new hood is a fiberglass ram air hood that was professionally installed and painted. The exterior paint and body is in great shape, the paint still has metallic flakes in it and it really shines when all cleaned up. Underneath the car there is a fair bit of rust as it has seen a few winters. I would say there is more rust than average on a car 7 years old. It does have a couple other modifications done which include a Magnaflow catback exhaust, SLP intake and SLP air filter. It does have T-tops, power seats, cloth interior, auto tranny, single CD player, traction control, ABS brakes. Tires on it are just over a year old too.

KBB gave me a retail value of about $8k and around $6200 for a private seller. Do these seem like accurate estimates to you guys?

Sorry for such a long winded post.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:26 PM
4th Gear Member

I would think it would depend on your location as well as whether the buyer has the money or is going to need to get a loan. I don't know but I am hearing that the banks are more interested in loaning money for new car purchases more than they are for used cars these days.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Best thing to do is get on craigslist in your area, and see what others are asking. There's a v6 '02 in my general area, with only 60k miles, by a private party. Asking price is $8,000, meaning it should sell more in the lower $7's. That's if and when someone comes up with the money. Cars are selling very slowly now. I've been seeing some real good deals out there, and they still aren't selling.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:24 PM
3rd Gear Member

There is a similar 1998 Camaro in my area on Craigslist. They are asking about $4500 from it, and I do believe they are a dealer. There is also a 2001 Camaro with a 5 spd, and all the goodies (leather, Monsoon system, power seats, etc.) with 108k miles selling for $5k. That 2001 sounds like a good deal to me, especially if you knock the price down to the mid 4's. That is barring the car isn't beat to death.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:14 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Location, Location, Location. Where you are at determinds what the car will sell for. I would advise research like Camaro 69 suggested but KBB is not someones guest, It is a collection of sales transaction in your area. But there are a lot of transaction that do not end up in the data base. Also since its a average you do not see a big shift if sale prices as the seasons change.

As a general rule in the Car biz mid December to late January is a tuff time to sell a car. The only people looking for cars is people that need one now. Most of those people will not be looking for a Camaro. Camaro values normally drop off in the fall and do not see a increase until spring. Of course the deeper in the south you live the less that applies.