93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Replacing and removal of bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Default Replacing and removal of bulbs

hello guys, it seems I am on here asking a million question so here is another.

First:
The 2001 V6 camaro sidemarker bulb has had a broken bulb inside it for the longest time. I tried figuring out how to remove the sidemarker but I cant seem to get it. What and how is the best way to remove the marker and get to it? Other then from under the hood and reaching down.

Second:
The foglight bulb has gone out and needs to be changed, is the only way to get to it is under the car, reaching up and over?

I need your knowledge with everything, camaro gods! LOL...

Thanks guys!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

By sidemarker, do you mean the parking light? If it's the parking light, then I would recommend taking off the headlight. They are right under them.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:46 PM
1st Gear Member

um the fog light should have like two screws holding it in and the whole assembly comes out i thought??? idk my car doesnt have them

Old 10-27-2009, 04:11 PM

Darlingreject - I didnt want to touch the headlight with the fact of messing with the angle of it. I will take a look at it.

How do you take out the front end turn single lense (hope that helps)?

Toneman07 - You might be right, I never thought of taking it out. I like to make things harder on myself.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I've looked into taking the parking lights out from underneath, it's almost impossible. You can get the bulbs out from underneath, but since you want the whole housing, that's different. The screws for them are on top and the plastic that wraps underneath kinda blocks them, too. The angle would just be uncomfortable. You'd have to jack the car up to get enough clearance if it's even possible. It's really just easier taking the headlights out. They won't be that far off since you're removing the whole unit. It only takes a minute to readjust them anyway. But if you take them out, then they are directly under it. There's 2 screws I think that holds them in place. Just unscrew them, undo the light socket, and angle and wiggle them out. They sit down on a little shelf which they're attached to. It's not difficult at all. Should only take about 5 minutes to get them out. For the fog lights, remove the bolts and and lower the housing down to access the bulb. Looks like there's 2 bolts underneath. Twist out the bulb and then put everything back together the same way it came out.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dkn920

Toneman07 - You might be right, I never thought of taking it out. I like to make things harder on myself.

work smart not hard ya i still had one left on my car when i bought it the other was missing so i just removed it it was only two screws popped out and back into place ..... good luck

and Darling is right about getting to bulbs from underneath haha how OCD are you if your worried about angle hahahahahaha

Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I'm very OCD...

Old 10-27-2009, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member

me too but that question wasnt directed at you haha i was reffering to the not wanting to remove the light because the angle might be off.... ive replaced many of light bulbs with out adjusting the angle of the assembly

Old 10-28-2009, 02:24 AM

Alright then, Imma try what you guys said and see what happens. One, I dont want to mess with something if I can go around it, if it was possible. Now, from what you guys say, theres nothing I can do but take it out, it is inevitable.

The car isnt driven by me, but my wife. I dont want to cause any effects that could cause her to get in an accident. Woman drive bad enough with a perfect car, but when you start messing with something, the percentage goes up 10 fold!

Thanks guys! More questions when I get to figuring what they are, lol!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by dkn920
Alright then, Imma try what you guys said and see what happens. One, I dont want to mess with something if I can go around it, if it was possible. Now, from what you guys say, theres nothing I can do but take it out, it is inevitable.

The car isnt driven by me, but my wife. I dont want to cause any effects that could cause her to get in an accident. Woman drive bad enough with a perfect car, but when you start messing with something, the percentage goes up 10 fold!

Thanks guys! More questions when I get to figuring what they are, lol!
Ahem. I resent that bolded statement. Removing and replacing headlights and bulbs isn't going to cause an accident...a crappy driver will. If she's that bad, maybe she shouldn't be driving it...

Quick Reply: Replacing and removal of bulbs