93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

purchasing a camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 01:34 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default purchasing a camaro

Hey guys, im on here because my girlfriend is about to buy a 98 camaro. we are going to pick it up on saturday, i was just wondering what i should look for before we go and buy it, we have already gone and looked at it butare there and specific problems i should look for?any help would be greatly appreciated, its a 98 V6 camaro with 86,000 miles. Here is the link to the listing http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...amp;cardist=14

please let me know what you guys think, you will probably be hearing alot from me because i will be working on her car for her. thanks guys
Tyler

Old 08-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: purchasing a camaro

It's a pretty, pretty car. Just a look out for your normal things (no fluid leaks, engine runs smooth, handles smoothly w/o any problems, etc.). You might make sure the windows/switches work properly. I've had plenty of issues with those. It looks like from the pictures, that the car was well taken care of. Good luck and enjoy it!

Old 08-23-2007, 02:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks, ya its in really good shape,i already checked out all the basic stuff im just wondering if there are any specific problems for this year. thanks for the info

Old 08-23-2007, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

thats really nice, i wish i had known more about camaros before i bought mine and gotten an RS

Old 08-23-2007, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

thats really nice, i wish i had known more about camaros before i bought mine and gotten an RS

Old 08-23-2007, 04:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ya well she just wants a V6 because of insurance and plus even if she had a Z28 or SS she definatly wouldnt use it

Old 08-24-2007, 05:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes

im picking it up tomorrow, anything else i should look for other then the regular stuff?

Old 08-24-2007, 09:30 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

that depends on what you difine as the regular stuff

Old 08-25-2007, 12:54 AM
3rd Gear Member

Listen to that whip crack. Make sure there aren't any leaks, make sure the undercarriage is clean along with engine compartment. Check fluids, ask owner why they are selling. Check to see if they have documented maintenance, make sure body panels are straight with even gaps. I would reccommend that you have do a Carfax report before you buy. Also make sure that the vehicle is owned outright, and that there isn't a lein on it or anything. Also shift through all the gears to make sure the transmission shifts smoothly. If the owner can remember the last time the oil was changed, it means that they at least give somewhat of a damn, which is better than most other people.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks i appreciate it. its acctualy at a dealership. spotless carfax. the girlfriend and her dadsay it looked clean, im gunna do a real close inspection, for leaks and all that good stuff, check the oil, fluids, ext. ill look it over real good, its not the last car on earth i dont want her buying a POS that im gunna have to work on once a week so thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it

Quick Reply: purchasing a camaro