93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Project Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 06:18 PM

nice work, it looks like its coming along well, keep it up with the pictures

Old 05-12-2009, 12:15 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Got my double roller chain in hand now, and my 16" rims for future drag tires. Parts from scoggin are on the way. Soon as the rotating assembly is balanced, and the rods machined for the arp bolts, I'll start assembly.

And it's official, it'll be turbo. Been swaying to and from a supercharger, but I can squeeze more out of this thing with a turbo. Also, I'll be swapping the 5 speed for an auto as soon as the T5 dies (won't take long when my engine is making over 450 horse...)

edit: I'm hiding a crap load of stuff from y'all still, don't want to spoil the fun.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:25 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

And the turbo officially died. We aren't getting as many hay customers lined up as expected, and that = less $$ for me. But I'm still gonna do the best I can. It'll be a well built NA car, with some happy gas. I'm dying to make this thing see 12's, not giving up.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Overdrive Member

You can always wait and save...

Old 05-18-2009, 10:23 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I could, but I want my Camaro back on the road. It's in the garage now because of all the issues that I'm having with the engine in it, like bleeding injectors, and shot valve guides. lol, smokes like a diesel when you start it. It's on it's last leg.

Also, not having a job makes this a challenge. The only time of the year I make money is hay season running a tractor, bucking hay, etc. I'll make about $1500 this summer it looks like, maybe close to $2000. For that I could have part of a turbo v6, a crappy running turbo v6, or a faily bullet-proof na car. Most of the dealerships out here are laying people off, not hiring, can't find a job worth my time right now, money is just thin.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:17 AM

just save up completeky for the turbo my boy just put in that ****ing turbonator **** and i was laughing saying he could of just givin me the money to spend randomly but that thing actually works you feel such a big diff, i got an 01 v6 with a cam,tune,ss rear,and apparently one size bigger fuel injectors and i am half a car behind the ss , and my boy is like a 2 cars away from me now

Old 05-19-2009, 03:04 AM
In the Staging Lanes

What all are you doing to it to set it up for a turbo??

Old 05-19-2009, 11:54 AM
2nd Gear member

4thcamaro01 thats just dumb,the whole concept of the turbonator dictates less power. Do you think something in your windpipe would help YOU breath easier? No.

Music how are you doing this stuff on so little money?! I make about 1200 to 1300 a month after taxes lol, of course Im ditchin the six this summer, LS1s are pretty cheap in my area so Im not gonna bother with any more parts on this thing.
Good luck to you though sounds like you got something good goin there.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Gonna be nice, I'm very interested to see what you come up with. I just wanna know how you're ordering all this stuff with only 2k in 3 months.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, the answer is rock auto and scoggin ****ey. Since I'm on several of the forums scoggin sponsors, I got a good discount. Rock auto is also dirt cheap oem parts wise. I'm also taking full advantage of the tools at school, so deglazing the block was free, installing cam bearings will be free, etc.

Through a combo of the members of other forums and talking to some friends, the official call is NA. The turbo setup would be cool, but I'm gonna leave that as a "future" project. Still though, just because it's NA doesn't mean it'll be slow. I'm going to do a stealth nitrous system, even gonna purge it through the engine. Cam will be impressive, since I have a double roller chain to take advantage of. I will be polishing and gasket matching the intakes and heads, and am looking into a few other goodies. I'm aiming for 13's on the motor, high 12's on the silly spray, which is very affordable and realistic. No intercooler, bov, wg, piping, headers, huge injectors, turbo, etc. to buy, lol.

Quick Reply: Project Sleeper