93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

performance mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:47 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

Wow toneman youre a complete idiot,,, if youre reving lower with larger gears your drivetrain is straight up trashed... something there is wrong... or you dont know **** about ur car and already had 4.10 or 4.11s back there and someone ripped you off.
However i drive a 2000 SS 6 speed and went from the 3.42 to the 3.73 and i noticed a 3 mile lower on the eway and 1-2 mile lower in the city,,, but i do have a 6 speed i have a little more control of my revs.
And personally im a posi guy, i want my tires spinning the same, equal power is better for grip at lauch on a track, but i guess i dont have any kids so the smooth ride... isnt important lol and ps,,, STOP RUING YOUR FBODYS... put them away in winter.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:14 PM
4th Gear Member

Buy us all an extra car and we will

Old 12-05-2009, 09:44 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

dude i could buy a winter truck for $700 im 19 and work min wage... trust me you could figure it out

Last edited by DarkKnight; 12-05-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkKnight
Wow toneman youre a complete idiot,,, if youre reving lower with larger gears your drivetrain is straight up trashed... something there is wrong... or you dont know **** about ur car and already had 4.10 or 4.11s back there and someone ripped you off.
However i drive a 2000 SS 6 speed and went from the 3.42 to the 3.73 and i noticed a 3 mile lower on the eway and 1-2 mile lower in the city,,, but i do have a 6 speed i have a little more control of my revs.
And personally im a posi guy, i want my tires spinning the same, equal power is better for grip at lauch on a track, but i guess i dont have any kids so the smooth ride... isnt important lol and ps,,, STOP RUING YOUR FBODYS... put them away in winter.
pay atttention if im the idiot then you cant read apparently i was wrong i was under the impression a 3.73 gear was a larger gear and according to evilkal i went to a smaller gear so im revving lower with a smaller gear then factory i never claimed to be a master mechanic im a smog inspector i do emission related componets and built more tuners that would tear you apart then you could wrap your head around... if you doubt me come to vegas i got a neon id be willing to throw pinks down on for your camaro i dont know much about gears i do forced induction my camaro is my learning project that im putting together and congratulations your 19 and have 2 cars that are worth combined maybe 5 grand??? im within a year of you and own my 07 TC and my 97 camaro i payedfor both out of my own pocket... just because i didnt know what i was talking about my gear ( assumin a larger number was a larger gear) doesnt make me a complete idiot cause id be willing to bet ive put more wrench time in my camaro then you have dark knight so before you go running around saying people dont know crap about their cars so on and so forth you might wanna rethink yourself

Old 12-05-2009, 10:58 AM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ok now that we got that out of our system....

EVERYBODY CHILL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2009, 11:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I think...maybe this thread should be locked before this turns into the biggest internet yelling competition anyone has ever seen..

Old 12-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Overdrive Member
Exclamation

Well, if they aren't built to withstand the winter, then GM better work on its QUALITY! My RS V6 is a winter driver, the SS gets stored.

ps,,, STOP RUING YOUR FBODYS... put them away in winter.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:36 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

Ok toneman i have been building cars since i was was about 10 with my father so thats about almost 10 years, i was able to do a complete tear down of a carb block by age 14 on my own,,, i doubt it buddy, and just so you know the camaros book value is almost 10,000 and i have 8k into so far so thats a total investment of 18,000, and in the winter i drive a 2002 Jimmy book value at about 6k so check yourself before you talk like you know me,,,, and i have a lot of respect for tuner cars, my buddy drives a sr20 240 that runs a 10.6 i know what they can do and never said **** about that car,,, i bout my car in july, this coming summer it will have the STS turbo,,, ill run you then because after the turbo and some other stuff goin in this winter ill be around 7-750 rwhp, so lets go hot shot oh and btw tc's are piles. =] have a good day because in the end i know you dont build **** if you dont know what gears are what

Old 12-05-2009, 06:38 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

and libertyforall, thats a fair statement, i would just hate for 7-8 winters down the road some rust spots start to show... i love fbodys and hate to see rust on them... thats all im saying

Old 12-05-2009, 07:31 PM
4th Gear Member

dude i could buy a winter truck for $700 im 19 and work min wage... trust me you could figure it out
And you still live with mommy and daddy don't ya?

Btw a 2000 SS does NOT book for 10 grand unless it's like 50k miles. I could buy one for 8 grand RIGHT NOW with 67k on it so....

You're both idiots and need to shut up. This isn't about who drives what in the winters. I don't care what you drive. My car has been thru 4 winters with me and doesn't have a single spot of rust on it. Buy me another vehicle and pay my insurance and I'll put it up. Otherwise, it gets driven thru winter for now. Your saving grace in winter is good wax and keeping it sprayed off.

You make minimum wage, pay no bills, and spend all your money on your car. Well done. We don't care so quit talking trash before I have the Scooter Crew come in and run your *** over.

This thread was originally about performance mods for a 3800. Let's ****ing keep it that way.

Last edited by evilkal; 12-05-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: performance mods