93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

ooops

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default ooops

so as you guys know i recently got a posi rear end in my camaro. well i got the noise fixed. and got some 3:73's and a rebuild kit(bearings and seals). didnt get that TA rear end girdle, but i want it. well if anything could go wrong it will, snapped a trans mount(stock) first crack. i wanna get a poly unit. question is, do i gotta do motor mounts too?

Old 10-03-2010, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by 1998camarossclone
so as you guys know i recently got a posi rear end in my camaro. well i got the noise fixed. and got some 3:73's and a rebuild kit(bearings and seals). didnt get that TA rear end girdle, but i want it. well if anything could go wrong it will, snapped a trans mount(stock) first crack. i wanna get a poly unit. question is, do i gotta do motor mounts too?

NO you should be fine but what you should do is once you put the mount on double check all your motor mounts to make sure there not cracked or broken... if not then your ok... but if one is broken id replace all of them...

Old 10-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

If I understand it right, If you are using a V8 poly mount you need a spacer under it. If you do not it will mess up your drive line angles. It will still work you will just have a slight shimmy and it is hard on the U-joints. My information is a couple of years old so someone my make a V6 poly now.

One thing I know for sure if you trans output should end up in the same place it is now so just check the height of the new mount compaired to the old one.

Last edited by Gorn; 10-03-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gorn
If I understand it right, If you are using a V8 poly mount you need a spacer under it. If you do not it will mess up your drive line angles. It will still work you will just have a slight shimmy and it is hard on the U-joints. My information is a couple of years old so someone my make a V6 poly now.

One thing I know for sure if you trans output should end up in the same place it is now so just check the height of the new mount compaired to the old one.
thanks gorn! i wanna get one of those torque arm bushings too...those are nice