93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

need help again..

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 03:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default need help again..

i feel dumb for posting so many threads but if its not to much to ask i was wondering if you guys could help with me with a few more problems? first on the list is my heater. i flushed out the core but it still doesnt work. and the second is my instument cluster doesnt light up anymore. i my radio was acting up and i pushed my back about 1/4 of an inch and they just shut off. i dont know what it could be i checked the fuses, the bulbs, and the wireing but still nothing. any help would be appreciated. thank you all

Old 12-16-2010, 03:31 PM
4th Gear Member

Lol never be afraid to ask for help man. Regardless of how many threads you make.

As far as your heater goes, I'm not really sure what was wrong in the first place. Is your car overheating any?

As far as your gauges and radio go, it could be the body control module gone bad. Mine went bad in my Camaro and I replaced it. Unhook the battery for about 15 minutes and let them all reprogram themselves and see if that helps. Nothing like a hard boot to clear them babies out!

If you could explain the heat issue more, I could help a little more.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:43 PM
4th Gear Member

Yep, need more info on the heater. Is the heater fan blowing? If so, where, windshield area, vents or floor? Can you hear the heater door moving when you change the temp control from cool to hot? How much flow was you getting out of your heater core when you flushed it?

Old 12-16-2010, 09:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by osduck5
Yep, need more info on the heater. Is the heater fan blowing? If so, where, windshield area, vents or floor? Can you hear the heater door moving when you change the temp control from cool to hot? How much flow was you getting out of your heater core when you flushed it?
'oh ya im sorry for the lack of info. everything for my a/c works, all the floor,vent,a/c/defrost all that works and i dont know if this is an issue but the temp **** for the a/c is hard to turn from cold to hot or vise versa. as for the flow i did a reverse flush and it came out the radiator kinda slow(i couldnt get it out of the car)
and as for the reset ill do it after i get home from school tomarrow and let you know what happens. thanks again.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:47 PM
4th Gear Member

Might want to check to see if the cable on the cool/hot **** is actually working the heater door since it is hard to turn. You can raise the hood and feel the heater hoses at the firewall to see if they are both warm to see if coolant is actually flowing through the heater core.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok ill check to see if there warm tomarrow as well. and to check the flow. i can squeeze them and with my radiator cap off i can see the coolant going up and down a little bit.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok so today i checked to feel my coolant hoses and the coolant hoses that go to the radiator were burning hot and the other ones to the heater core were not cold but they werent hot at all. so does this mean i dont have any flow whatsoever?

Old 12-17-2010, 04:27 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by duane18
ok so today i checked to feel my coolant hoses and the coolant hoses that go to the radiator were burning hot and the other ones to the heater core were not cold but they werent hot at all. so does this mean i dont have any flow whatsoever?
They will not be as hot as the radiator hoses. You could have a partially clogged heater core. What is your engine temp? I am assuming your thermostat is opening and closing normally?

Old 12-17-2010, 05:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by osduck5
They will not be as hot as the radiator hoses. You could have a partially clogged heater core. What is your engine temp? I am assuming your thermostat is opening and closing normally?
ok. and it usually stays at i think 180-190(the first notch above 160)

Old 12-17-2010, 06:22 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by duane18
Judging by this your core is clogged or your heater door isn't opening. Or both :P