93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Default Need Help

So i need help. I just picked up a 94 camaro 3.4l v6. All seemed fine until today. I was driving at normal speeds and all of sudden the cars engine temp skyrocketed. I pulled over to examine the problem only to realize there was no coolant in the resvoir or raditor. So i quick ran and got some coolant and water and put it in, but as i poured i heard it pissing out on the ground. I looked under neath and the coolant was leaking very fastly. I could not pinpoint from where though. But as it pours down it does so around the oil pan in a steady stream. Does anyone know what it could be?

Old 02-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: Need Help

Could be anything, get under the car and take a look. If it is leaking as bad as you say, you should have no problem finding the source.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:51 PM
4th Gear Member

yes...could be a lot of things, if as soon or very shortly after pouring the water in, it sounds like it could be at the radiator drain plug or lower hose...could be a lot of things tho

Old 02-27-2007, 04:10 AM

Was it on a cold day or a warm day cuz that happened to me and it was just the resoroir bottle cracking from being frozen it was lik -35 with wind chill so it just expanded and shot out the top

Old 02-27-2007, 04:58 AM

Well it was like a -10 degree day so it might be the resvoir. I tried to get under the car but i cant see too much. Its defintely not the radiator draing plug, becasue the leak is coming further back than where the plug is located. I have yet to actually jack it up and get serioully under their beacause of the snow and cold wheather and the fact that I live in an apartment complex with no garage.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Default Need Help

So i got up under the car and had a buddy poru water into the radatior to see where the leak originated from. It comes from the passenger side rear part of the engine, Right next to where the oil pan connects to the block. I can see excatly where its coming from yet though. Any ideas, someone suggested a freeze plug?