Default musicman wants to go faster

Here's the thought.

Exhaust:
Pace setter headers
Y pipe, no cat
magnaflow catback

Engine (and related):
CAI
100 shot n2o (I need help finding a kit) < (wet or dry?)
Large Cam
Hi Flow fuel pump (will I need it, if yes, recomendation?)

Drivetrain:
Aluminum Driveline (Can I find one out af another car at the scrap yard, if yes, what cars?)
Posi rear end w/ 390 gears (scrap yard rear end, summit racing gears)
Tires? (will I need slicks? If yes, size recomendation. If no, I need new tires any way, brand/size?)

I think that's it. What times will I be looking at? And no, not gonna buy a Z28. I just want to kill a few V8's with a six, just to say something. I'm selling a motorcycle this weekend, so I'm gonna have about $2000 to play with real soon. Not enough for all this, but enough to get started. Is 12's or even 11's out of the question if I did all the stuff listed above? Anything I forgot? Lol, sorry about piling the questions up.

After this is eventually all done, then I'll start building an engine, but that is too much to think on right now.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: musicman wants to go faster

dude i'm thinking maybe 13's inless you super charge or turbo charge the sixxer i'm not hateing on the car i'm just saying you starting with 200HP and with exhuast and a cam maybe give you 75hp and with the NOS you could get low 13's maybe. not sure on what mods are best for your car. but to bad about the other camaro you wanted would have been a badass car. JUST GET A Z28 JK LOL

Old 05-30-2008, 11:46 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I think it'll go faster than that. A rear end swap should pull be down to just under 15. I ran a 16 with a bad clutch. It should run 15.5 with a good clutch. Then give it 100 extra horsepower, and it should scoot along.

Yeah, it sucks that the bb camaro sold. But dad brought up a god point. My car has a near flawless body, the gloss is still amazing. So I could run a good looking car instead of a piece of junk.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:59 AM
Ninja Administrator

a 100 shot will cut off roughly a full second assuming you make it stick. maybe a little bit more, but not much more.

full boltons = 15 flat give or take a tenth or so.
with cam = 14.7 give or take
posi and gears will get you a little deeper into the 14s, so i was going to say mid 13s, possibly low

Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

So a 12 something isn't too unrealistic.

Will I need a slick of some kind? I like goodyear slicks, they're kind of the family favorite. But I don't know if I'll need them.

lol, I wonder why the computer edited out good in my last post. I must have wrote g0d.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:05 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Well, now I know that my time goal is within reach. Can we answer the questions in brackets next to my parts list? That would be helpful. If any other bolt ons are recomended to add to the list, please tell me.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Ninja Administrator

Nitrous is pretty torque happy, but i wouldnt get my hopes up. you will have a much better chance if you build your suspension and rear end to handle some fast short times.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:11 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

That's the plan. Posi rear end, 390 gears. I don't think it'll have enough power to need more suspension mods. Because of the gears, I think I would launch on the motor, and as soon as I hit second (it won't be long with the low gearing) then turn the nitrous on for the rest of the run. If I knew the car could handle launching on nitrous, then yes, I would strengthen the rear suspension.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Ninja Administrator

thats kind of what im saying. if you want 12s, i think you can get there, but you will need to cut a fast 60' time. in order to do that you need slicks, a stronger rear, and some drag suspension mods. otherwise u will be pulling 2.0-2.1 and running mid 13s. i may be wrong, but ive seen nitrous and SC 3.8s before and they arent as fast as you would think without alot of prep work

Old 05-31-2008, 11:02 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Stronger rear, I'm looking at rear end that has disk brakes and a posi, so it should be plenty strong right? I don't think I will be able to break it, it will have new gears from summit.

Should I go for lower gears, 390 seemed fine, should I go into the 4's? Also, will a stock clutch be ok? I need to replace it, most likely next week.

Quick Reply: musicman wants to go faster