93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

I NEED YOU!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Default I NEED YOU!

to help me out.. again.. i was installing a different after market cd player in my 01 today, and i wired everything up alright,(ive been doing this for years) yet my cd player isnt working...and neither are my speedometer and RPM gages...hmmmlmmm i checked all of my fuses they're all ok..so i thought maybe i pulled something out by mistake?? im not quite sure...but i would love to know asap...

Old 07-31-2007, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: I NEED YOU!

Ive done the same thing.....it turned out to be a bad fuse....

Old 07-31-2007, 11:41 PM
2nd Gear member

Thats a little ironic, ive been having problems with my gauge fuse blowing constantly ever since my aftermarket radio got installed (i did it myself) and have for years also lol so far i ahve had to change out my battery and altenator, and hopefully found the cause which is possibly the pigtail that goes into the altenator on top.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:46 PM

wat else could cause the gages to **** up?
and how could i fix those problems

Old 08-01-2007, 03:55 PM
3rd Gear Member

a number of things, you could be shorting out somewhere or when wiring it you coulda pulled something loose, my friend had the same thing happen to his s10 blazer, turned out to be his horn fuse blew

Old 08-01-2007, 03:58 PM

****....i have a day of work cut ut for me

Old 08-01-2007, 05:53 PM

my fuses are not blown
i need your help!! w/e suggestions you have!!

Old 08-01-2007, 06:15 PM
3rd Gear Member

i would double check all of your fuses first, just be sure, if not, i would pull out you cddeck and check your wiring

Old 08-06-2007, 12:50 AM

i had just checked all of the fuses before i asked for help again..got the cd player working again though..it was a wire i had ****ed up or something like that..i had somehow wired it to work only when the headlights were on... im a ****ing retard... but i do think that i may have accidently pulled a gauge wire.so if anyone knows anything about the wiring back there more help would be nice. i know nothing about that stuff, and i pulled the dash apart and looked back there but there were so many wiresthat i didnt want to experiment with it and mess something up and have no idea as to whatto pull and not pull and where to plug in if it does turn out to be that. but ihave checked EVERY SINGLE FUSE so the next person that tells me its a fuse i am going to be pissed off. jkjkjk help me out pretty pretty pretty plz

Old 08-06-2007, 09:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Well this may well not be the case and I guess it rarely is and I know you don;t want to hear about fuses again but bear with me please. I had a similar problem, but not with regard to the CD player, and I could not find a bad fuse anywhere. I checked and rechecked everything. Then I decided to replace EVERY fuse with a new one. And it solved the problem. All the ones I took out looked excelled. I used my ohm meter to check them and I found one that loooked great but was not allowing any curent to pass through. I know it sounds weird but it worked. What's even weirder is tht my Dad had the very same problem but it was with a bulb creating problems. He replaced every bulb in his car and the problem was solved. I creluctantly aked my brother about it who is an aircraft electrica engineer. He said yes it can very well be a new and great looking fuse. Hope this helps.