93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

i need help, 1994 v6 camaro no cat & no o2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Posted for u so hope u get help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUQpuJhFgG0

Last edited by ghostpopi; 01-11-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Hey thanks I appreciate it. I haven't really got many responses.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Overdrive Member

OK there could be a couple of things going on here. First off if the injectors are all black with a soot like stuff then I would check on the PCV valve. I believe it is in one of the valve covers. bad valves can allow oil into the intake and foul injectors and plugs if it gets really bad.
Second, have you ever had a compression test done? If not do one. You can blow head gaskets between cylinders and cause the engine to run rough like yours. Not all blown head gaskets put oil in the water. Remove ALL plugs before you start the comp test, this will allow the engine to turn over easier and also if you do have a bad gasket between cylinders it will be more obvious.

Dirty injectors usually will not cause a rich condition, but bad O2 sensors will. When was the last time you replaced them? They cost $20 at O'reilly auto parts, they are cheap, it could be a fix that easy.

The thing wrapped in tape is just a little condiut for vacuum. They are very important and still available from GM but I have not seen them from any other supplier. Get a new one that is one huge vacuum leak.

Hope this helps, if you comp test the engine post what each cylinder is doing so we can get an idea of your engine's health.

Massey

Old 01-12-2011, 12:53 AM
2nd Gear member

Massey I just had to replace that same vacuum T and my dealership told me it's discontinued. I had to get it on ebay.

@joseph_zlnsk - I'm helmsmg on youtube by the way.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:09 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks for the response. Sorry in the video I ment to say spark plugs, not injectors. It was my plugs that were covered in the black soot. I will do a compression test in the morning and post my results. I was as well told that vacuum fitting was discontinued. I'm going to the junk yard to see if I can find one in the morning as well. It had a crack on the backside. It put some rvt on it and taped it tight to see if I could seal it.(temporary of course) and reinstated it. Didn't make much difference. I'm going to replace my o2 sensors as well.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

hey mike I ment to say thanks about the response on YouTube.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Overdrive Member

Wow GM must have discontinued it after the BK. I bought one for a friend just before GM filed. Oh well. I will need to find a new source for those, they are only used on the Camaro/Firebird engine and you really need that thing.

Massey

Old 01-12-2011, 01:29 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok cool. Yea I've heard its really important. I hope I'm lucky at the junk yard. We have some big junk yards. Hopefully I find a good one.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:18 PM
2nd Gear member

Do you smell fuel when you start the car coming from the front? You could have a leaky injector. That would cause it to run rich. The little O-ring gaskets around the injectors give out over time. How's your EGR valve? The car will give those symptoms too with a bad EGR. Black or dark grey exhaust, rough running engine, and soot coming from the exhaust. You definately need new spark plugs. New wires would help too. Change the PCV, and seafoam the car! Use TB cleaner or Deep Creep and spray the upper intake and clean it out good! The low oil light is probably due to a bad oil level sensor. The sensor goes in your oil pan.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Could a bad map sensor cause these symptoms. I havent checked the egr. I don't smell fuel or see it leaking. Just a really strong exhaust smell when its running

Quick Reply: i need help, 1994 v6 camaro no cat & no o2 sensors