93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

how much hp

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 11:07 PM
jeb
In the Staging Lanes
Default how much hp

ok i have a 95 3.4 camaro and i have done exhaust 80 series and no catt how much you think that added??.. and i was j/w i want too do cold air intake, a mild cam ,a chip/programer and, rear end gears and some kind of ,performance shocks how much hp do you think i will have when done

thanks
jeb

Old 04-06-2009, 12:03 PM
4th Gear Member

Make sure your whole car can breathe before doing a cam. A new intake and exhaust headers and back will make sure your car will be able to use that extra fuel.

As far as power from adding a muffler and deleting the cat... You probably didn't gain much. Redo the entire exhaust if you want a good power boost and you'll need it for the cam.

And do NOT buy a programmer if you're going to have those kinds of mods. Have it dyno-tuned or you can do a mail-order tune (PCMforless does wonders) with your mod list. This will get you more power than ANY programmer you're going to find.

Intake, full exhaust, tuned would probably give you a good 20 hp. Gears will make your car accelerate much quicker and will seem like a huge HP boost but all gears do is give the engine an advantage over the inertia of the car. The lower your geared, the easier it is for the engine to turn the wheels. The result is a faster car because the engine doesn't have to try as hard to obtain the same speeds.

Shocks will make your launch better and so will a good set of springs and LCAs. Shocks make your ride more comfortable mainly. I wouldn't worry about suspension just yet unless you get some new springs and LCAs. I'd personally go for sway bars first because I dunno about you, but I love taking turns in my car rather than going straight all the time :P

Old 04-06-2009, 02:11 PM
jeb
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by evilkal
Make sure your whole car can breathe before doing a cam. A new intake and exhaust headers and back will make sure your car will be able to use that extra fuel.

As far as power from adding a muffler and deleting the cat... You probably didn't gain much. Redo the entire exhaust if you want a good power boost and you'll need it for the cam.

And do NOT buy a programmer if you're going to have those kinds of mods. Have it dyno-tuned or you can do a mail-order tune (PCMforless does wonders) with your mod list. This will get you more power than ANY programmer you're going to find.

Intake, full exhaust, tuned would probably give you a good 20 hp. Gears will make your car accelerate much quicker and will seem like a huge HP boost but all gears do is give the engine an advantage over the inertia of the car. The lower your geared, the easier it is for the engine to turn the wheels. The result is a faster car because the engine doesn't have to try as hard to obtain the same speeds.

Shocks will make your launch better and so will a good set of springs and LCAs. Shocks make your ride more comfortable mainly. I wouldn't worry about suspension just yet unless you get some new springs and LCAs. I'd personally go for sway bars first because I dunno about you, but I love taking turns in my car rather than going straight all the time :P

haha yea but i for got 2 put headers on there.. but when you say intake do you mean air intake?? or what??

Old 04-06-2009, 02:13 PM
jeb
In the Staging Lanes

so do you think my car will be pretty quick when im done??

Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah I mean air intake :P And when you're done, your car will be QUICKER. The 3.4 is rated at 160 hp and it's a pretty close rating. Not sure why but the 3.4 chokes when it comes to modding. But letting it breathe will make it a much better car. It won't run like a V8 if that's what you're wondering... But it won't be 4-cylinder-esque when you're done either :P

Old 04-06-2009, 11:02 PM
VIP member

i am going to say about 200rwhp so about 230 hp at the crank

Old 04-06-2009, 11:21 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by camaro_burns_all
i am going to say about 200rwhp so about 230 hp at the crank
lol, too high.

You can actually get some decent kick out of those 60* V6's, after some work is done on them. For starters, there's aluminum heads that you can get off a fwd for cheap, us 3.8 guys have to drop well over 2k for a set from ZZP.

As with all builds, headers, exhaust, and intake are the base of whatever you do. From there, you can do an aluminum head swap, cam, the list goes on.

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ead.php?t=6752

Old 04-06-2009, 11:28 PM
VIP member

yea bro i knew that but i was just trying to make him feel happy.

btw that is a great link you posted. should help out the OP a lot

Old 04-07-2009, 04:26 PM
4th Gear Member

Heh well 200 rwhp is intake, full exhaust, aluminum DS, and a tune on a 3.8 :P

I'm guessing he'll get about 165ish from it

Old 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
jeb
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by evilkal
Heh well 200 rwhp is intake, full exhaust, aluminum DS, and a tune on a 3.8 :P

I'm guessing he'll get about 165ish from it
i come factory at 160 so i will only get 5hp