93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

How is the 3.4L V6

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Default How is the 3.4L V6

Hey guys,

I'm on the hunt for a car and right now I'm leaning towards the Camaro's and Firebird's. I know somethings about the LT1 engines in these cars, but I don't know a whole lot about the 3.4L. What I would like to know is how are these engines in reliability wise? I'm interested in the mid '93 to '97 years of Camaro's and I would love to have power, but there are very few Z28's around with a moderate to big price tag and there are several V6's with a price I can manage. So any thoughts on the 3.4L engine are welcome, I just want to know some more on it, so I can narrow my search down. Thanks in advance!

Brian

Old 06-26-2006, 10:50 PM
January 2007 ROTM
Default RE: How is the 3.4L V6

My first Camaro that I owned was a 94' Camaro V6 3.4

When I traded it in , it had 198k on it ........... and I might ad that it was still purrrn' like a kitten and the dealer was really amazed at it when he drove it to give me my trade in value. Needless to say I was very pleased with what they offered me due to the fact that I didn't believe that I would get that much out of it.

I babied that car and did the regular maintaince work on it all the time without delay. Now not everyone is the same, some take better care of their cars then others but it is all in the person. The 3.4 gave me plenty of power when I needed it. Honestly I do not believe that you would be disappointed if you decided to go with the 3.4.

If I had to do it over , I would not have traded my 3.4 in and would have kept it. Traded it in on an Explorer ............. then I ended up with my latest toy !!!

Old 06-27-2006, 03:23 AM

Thank you Hawk for your insight. It's good to know that the 3.4L can be a strong engine if maintained regularly and taken care of. With 198k miles on the engine and still running strong, that is a quality engine for ya. It's good to know that this engine doens't have the crazy head gasket problems that alot of the '94 to '98 mustangs have which costs money. And its also good to know it has plenty of power when you need it.

Thank you again Hawk and now I'm going to continue my search for a Camaro.

BRian

Old 06-27-2006, 11:39 PM
January 2007 ROTM

Glad to have helped out.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:32 AM
1st Gear Member

if i were you i would save up for the v8 'cause more than likely you will want morepower
you can put some good stuff on the 3.4 though very reliable too