93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

a horrible clutch and a poor performance. period.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Angry a horrible clutch and a poor performance. period.

Hey guys its me again, a month later. Previosuly had an issue with the IAC, poor idling, and unstable acceleration. Replacing the air filter and the IAC helped for the most part but now something worse has happened. Now, the issue has returned which means that the engine backfires on some occasions, I smell gas when its idling (more than usual and more than expected even for this car), when I acclerate I can hardly get to 45 mph without the engine sputtering and sounding like it has no exhaust system of any kind. In addition to that, my clutch has no pressure at all, even though the reservoir is full. I suspect that's a clutch cylinder issue (if someone can confirm and offer some advice I would be ever so grateful) since I noticed that clutch fluid had been leaking from somewhere that I can't seem to narrow down. Anyway, I don't know if a valve seal or a head has gone bad or what it is. Frankly I can't think clearly. Any ideas?? Thanks...

Old 12-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Overdrive Member

THe studdering or backfiring can be a few issues like vacuum leak, burnt valves, damaged valvetrain. or other issues, it is too hard to narrow down without more info or driving the car.

Where is the gas smell comming from? Exhaust or engine bay? If it is the engine bay then check the injector seals or the fuel line seals. if it is in the exhaust then it could be your o2 sensors. Do you have any codes? Also the hesitating and poor perfromance could also be the Cat being clogged, which could also cause a rich condition but usually will throw a catalyst effecincy below threashold code.

The clutch sounds like a bad slave or master. Pretty common with any hydraulic clutch system. Neither part costs much money so replace them both or track down which one is leaking or weak and replace that one. Make sure you bleed them properly for bets results.

Massey

Old 12-07-2010, 12:29 PM
1st Gear Member

get under your car and hit the cat if it rattled's you might have a clogged cat. I had some what of the same problem when I bought my car, it barely moved, come to find out the cat was bad. is the idiot light on?

Old 12-07-2010, 02:23 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate it. As far as a cat being clogged, I don't have one. The previous owner had it removed. And also the smell is coming from the engine bay

Old 12-07-2010, 07:56 PM

And also the service engine soon" light not only stays on, but after about 40mph or 3rd gear, it blinks on and off, goes back to steady, and then starts blinking again. I think I may need someone to pull the codes off of this thing.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Overdrive Member

yes pull the codes. Blinking CEL usually means that the issue could damage the engine.

Massey

Old 12-07-2010, 08:06 PM
XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

you "may" have fouled spark plugs, in which case you are flooding your piston clynders and getting a gas smell from it. and that would also explain the chugging and not getting over 45 your just not hitting on all cylnders.