93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

HELP PLEASE 95 3.4 V6 WONT START

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Default HELP PLEASE 95 3.4 V6 WONT START

I have a 95 3.4 v6 camaro. It ran fine the other day, power and enginne was quiet. the other day it wouldnt start. i got it to start but then it would bog down within 10 sec and die. now it just cranks and wont start. i replaced the oil with new filter and 4.5 qrts of 5w-30 oil and new platinum plugs, and new plug wires. I am not sure what the problem could be. Any advice would be great if you could PM me or email me at idealproductz@gmail.com or send a reply. []

Old 09-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: HELP PLEASE 95 3.4 V6 WONT START

IF the MIL lite is on, find the cause and fix that first. Then start by checking that there is a fat blue spark, fuel pressure at the fuel rail, and taht the 2 fuel injection fuses are OK. If all the above are OK then you will need a scanner to look at the MAP sensor, 24X Crank position sensor (high res sensor behind front damper). Engine will not start without input from those two sensors.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the replay pete. When i didnt have the problem the check engine light would come and go away while driving. I also noticed I had very high oil prssure almost pegged while driving. I switched back to 5w-30 jus the other day in hopes to fix that. right now with the key in the ON postion the check enginelight is there. All fuses are ok I will check the fuel pressure and and sprak andwrite back.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:54 PM

well i found the problem i think. it was a fuel filter. my questions is how can a fuel filter go from perfect running car to next day no start. i think someone might of put something in my gas tank. i put the new filter in and it started a little sluggish then ran good, drove it a mile but now im back to the same no start problem, it will start a sec and then die

Old 10-19-2008, 07:10 PM

I have a 94 camaro with the 3.4 V6 and it quit while driving ,it has the obd 1.5 so i cant get any codes from it. It had blown the ignition fuse and I had a piece of razor blade on the front crank sensor magnetic pickupfrom probably where we scraped the water pump gasket. I replaced that crank sensor and the other crank sensor in the side of the block and the cam sensor and have replaced the pcm and had itflashed .Itbarely cranked but ran like crap and died again.It turns over and fires but kicks back like its out of time,it even broke the starter nose from kicking back. we tested the ignition module and coil packs at auto zone and they were ok.we changed the plugs and fuel pressure regulator and tested the pressure at the fuel rail and had 44 lbs. All of the plugs are firing but it still wont run.We are going to pull the balancer again and timing cover and see if it jumped timing .There is also a spark control module in the back of the pcm that retards the timing from the knock sensor these are some things to check for . I will let you know when I get mine running . Don

Old 10-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Overdrive Member

Don, get a new front crank sensor. The two different sensorscontrol timing for different parts of the RPMs.You need both. It is not just a spare...

Old 10-20-2008, 10:29 AM

I replaced the one behind the balancer and the other in the block side and also the cam sensor
I dont know what else it could be except maybe jumped timing.
When we bought the new computer we had to take the electronic spark control module from the old computer and plug it into the new computer I am wondering if it may be bad. They say it retards timing if the knock sensor detects detonation but my engine seems advanced because it kicks back when cranking like the piston is coming up and it fires before it gets to the top .Iwonder if anyone knows more about this maybe it can go bad and keep it advanced.I am going to pull the front of the motor and check the timing gear today.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:43 AM

Did you ever get your car running I am wondering if we havesimilar problems.

Don

Old 10-20-2008, 10:49 AM

Z28 Pete

Will the map sensor keep a 94 3.4 from starting

I unplugged the map sensor on our 95 Jimmy 4.3 v6 and it will still start

is there something different on the camaro.

Don94camaro

Old 10-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Overdrive Member

The MAP sensor is how the PCM knows how much air is coming in for the 3.4. There is no backup. Where as on newer cars they use MAF with a backup being the MAP sensor.

Quick Reply: HELP PLEASE 95 3.4 V6 WONT START