93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

help for extra power

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Location: Eagle Pass Tx. , South Padre Tx, And San Antonio tx.
Default help for extra power

I have 00 3.8 camaro and i want to know where can i find the best headers and Cam for my camaro. i have about 700 dollars to spend on both. and if your going to talk trash about v6 dont reply at all.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: help for extra power

Can we talk trash about not using our search feature? Only a few people offer headers for the 3.8. Clear Image Automotive, Pacesetter, and Force Fed Fabrications. FFF offers longtubes, but that alone would blow your budget. As for the cam Abbott's N/A cam would be the best cam for a stock tune, or zzperformance GT2 cam. You want the best, but yet you put a cap on how much to spend... Expect $250 - 450 for headers. Cam alone will be $200-300. Of course I wouldn't recommend a cam alone. Iwould suggest supporting mods like valve springs and maybe roller rockers. Whose going to install it all? That cost money too.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:40 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ahhhh yessss, the magic search button.

Imo:
if you have 700dollaz, just go for the basics. Intake, Headers, Exhaust.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:02 AM

well i saved up some more cash sold some books and was able to raise 3000 $ so now i have a bigger budget for spending i already purchased the headers from pacesetter for 175$ the y pipe was included. and now i want to put the cam . stang where can i find valve springs and roller rockers for good price but also good quality. I have a friend that is a mechanic he said he would do it for free aslong as i help him out.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Overdrive Member

I got mine from www.intense-racing.com, but you can also get them from www.zzperformance.com under the Grand Prix Section.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:21 PM

I was looking at the pacesetter headers and they look small they are about 1 1/2 inch in diameter i was wondering if that is good cause i had a SS camaro with headers, and they where not this smallit had hooker headers ( yes i know that the v6 tubes are not going to be the same width but i dont want something this small .the SS was wrecked at a party so i got this camaro which runs pretty goodactually . so are there any other companies that have wider tubes.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Overdrive Member

RKSports are 1 3/4.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:10 AM

I was also wondering if you might know why my car can keep up with a GT mustang (4.6) he beats me about a bumber and a little more almost half a car, I bought the car used and dont really know what it had before i bought the only thing i know is it has a posi system cause one time i burned out and the two back tires where marked. i then added a flowmaster exhaust, and a KnN air intake. can the posi systm really help this much ? this is my first v6 so not to sure of how much real power it should have and my previous car was SS camaro with hooker headers cammed and it had alot of other stuff so i never added anything to it so im limited of knowledge about cars.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Overdrive Member

If it is a 96-98 Mustang GT, then it is because they aren't that fast to begin with...

Old 09-24-2008, 03:23 PM

its a 2001 i think not to sure ill ask them next time i see it and post the answer. it looks nice when i burn out lol. but yeah it is running good also. so how faster do you think it will get with the addition of the headers and if i cammmed it also?

Quick Reply: help for extra power