93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Banned
Default Help!

It started with the bottom of my motor being rebuilt. 02 v6 35thanniversary

that cleared sum of my problems now my oil pressure keeps going low Im being told that they no longer carry oil pumps for my car. Then it sputters but comes out of it here and there first it was my spark plugs so I changed them but car still has the problem. So I change the wires and did the fuel injection cleaner still no difference. Now they are sayin coils. And the shop wants $900 to repair it what should I do start over with a new engine or try the repair?

Old 06-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Overdrive Member

Who ever is telling you that they do not make oil pumps for the 3.8L engine is smoking something you dont want to be near. Go to your local quality autopart store, they should be able to get you one in a couple of days. You can use oil pumps from 96-02 camaros and maybe a few of the FWD cars that used the 3.8L

What codes are comming up on your car? That can tell you volumes of what is wrong with the car. The coils failing will pop a code, a bad plug or wire will pop a code like P0302 for Cyl #2 missfire. if you suspect a coil you should get missfire codes on both the cylinders the coil is attached to or a code calling out the coil itself.

Oil pressure going low can be a few things, bad sensor, too much oil, not enough oil, bad pump, bad bearings (rod, main, and cam), Bad oil filter. Those are the most common causes, If you question the sensor you can simply buy a new one and replace it and see if the pressure stays around 60 like it should, or use a mechanical gauge and see if that shows the same as the in-dash gauge does. If it shows the same then there is an oiling issue with your car.

Oh and the V6 cars are not 35th anaversary cars. I know you have the plaque on the dash, it seems all 2002s do. The real anaversary cars are all Red SS's with silver stripes.

Massey

Old 06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Overdrive Member

The V6 35th Dash plaque is a JOKE! It is not even colored and you cannot see it. Good thing my car is an RS and has that plaque instead -- looks MUCH better.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Massey
Who ever is telling you that they do not make oil pumps for the 3.8L engine is smoking something you dont want to be near. Go to your local quality autopart store, they should be able to get you one in a couple of days. You can use oil pumps from 96-02 camaros and maybe a few of the FWD cars that used the 3.8L

What codes are comming up on your car? That can tell you volumes of what is wrong with the car. The coils failing will pop a code, a bad plug or wire will pop a code like P0302 for Cyl #2 missfire. if you suspect a coil you should get missfire codes on both the cylinders the coil is attached to or a code calling out the coil itself.

Oil pressure going low can be a few things, bad sensor, too much oil, not enough oil, bad pump, bad bearings (rod, main, and cam), Bad oil filter. Those are the most common causes, If you question the sensor you can simply buy a new one and replace it and see if the pressure stays around 60 like it should, or use a mechanical gauge and see if that shows the same as the in-dash gauge does. If it shows the same then there is an oiling issue with your car.

Oh and the V6 cars are not 35th anaversary cars. I know you have the plaque on the dash, it seems all 2002s do. The real anaversary cars are all Red SS's with silver stripes.

Massey
ok thanx and so I've been told but can't I bask in my glory.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
The V6 35th Dash plaque is a JOKE! It is not even colored and you cannot see it. Good thing my car is an RS and has that plaque instead -- looks MUCH better.
yeah but it's still just an RS

Old 06-22-2010, 03:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by msmaro
yeah but it's still just an RS

urs is just the base. RS is a step up

not bashing just informing

Old 06-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vandee
urs is just the base. RS is a step up

not bashing just informing
a step up lol ur still n the area of a v6. sure did sound like bashing 2 me. btw it is a 35th all tags official and the manual even says 35th. I love fast cars but I leave the showin out 2 my big bro who has a 84z28 dats a monster w/a modified engine, a 72 firebird.

I'll get sum pics up soon