93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Headlight replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:03 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Headlight replacement

Hey guys I am looking at replacing my headlights with some JR headlights I found here http://www.andysautosport.com/chevro...l00228235.html

I have ordered some before from pfyc.com and they did not fit any suggestions?

Old 09-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Those are expensive. You can find the same thing on ebay for almost half the price. I got my halos from ebay. Any aftermarket part isn't necessarily going to fit 100% perfectly. Might need to push, pull, wiggle and/or hammer it in place...

Old 09-16-2010, 06:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Those are the ones I just bought - I think I paid around $300 for them, but they came with the turn signal housing and the reflectors on the quarter panels.

I haven't installed them yet - I'll probably do it tomorrow. But there's some wiring that goes with it; nothing terrible though.

From the clips I've seen, I'm sure I'll like them. they sure beat the stock look.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Losat
Those are the ones I just bought - I think I paid around $300 for them, but they came with the turn signal housing and the reflectors on the quarter panels.

I haven't installed them yet - I'll probably do it tomorrow. But there's some wiring that goes with it; nothing terrible though.

From the clips I've seen, I'm sure I'll like them. they sure beat the stock look.

Where did you order yours from can I get a pic or a link?

Old 09-16-2010, 06:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I don't have anything posted, but I'll try to get a pic of them.

They look *exactly* like the ones in the link you provided. The turn signal housing is clear, so a yellow bulb would be needed (I just ordered yellow LED's that plug right in, so I'm waiting on those).

I was wrong about the reflectors on the quarter panel. On my car is just red reflectors on the quarter panels. But what was sent to me are clear housings that support a bulb; maybe the '00 has signals on it's quarters? I don't know.

I really don't remember where I got mine - I do a LOT of online shopping; probably from eBay though. The skimpy instructions that were included show Spec-D Tuning as the supplier (specdtuning.com). I checked out their website - while they have a lot of products, I couldn't find an order form, and I didn't feel like calling to find out. But it's most likely that I did purchase them from eBay.

I'll check on my history there to see if I can pull up a photo.

*I checked eBay. Couldn't find anything. I'll lay the stuff out and take a pic for ya.

**I stand greatly corrected. They aren't just reflectors, those little guys have lights in them - I think mine are just burnt out. I put some camera batteries on the charge so I can get a pic in a bit. While that was happening, I went out and pulled those housing on the quarter panels and found out they actually do have lights in them. So now I gotta order more lights. but because these new housing are clear, what color should I get?

Old 09-16-2010, 06:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Losat
I don't have anything posted, but I'll try to get a pic of them.

They look *exactly* like the ones in the link you provided. The turn signal housing is clear, so a yellow bulb would be needed (I just ordered yellow LED's that plug right in, so I'm waiting on those).

I was wrong about the reflectors on the quarter panel. On my car is just red reflectors on the quarter panels. But what was sent to me are clear housings that support a bulb; maybe the '00 has signals on it's quarters? I don't know.

I really don't remember where I got mine - I do a LOT of online shopping; probably from eBay though. The skimpy instructions that were included show Spec-D Tuning as the supplier (specdtuning.com). I checked out their website - while they have a lot of products, I couldn't find an order form, and I didn't feel like calling to find out. But it's most likely that I did purchase them from eBay.

I'll check on my history there to see if I can pull up a photo.

**I checked eBay. Couldn't find anything. I'll lay the stuff out and take a pic for ya.

Let me know if you have any issues with them fitting in the car I have an 02 V6 I tried another set but I could not get them to fit. And I am interested in the clear lenses too the 02 has red lenses in the rear bumber with bulbs in them so maybe that is what he sent you.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I was planning on going with the clear lenses and keeping the bulbs the right color so for the red lenses you replaced red bulbs maybe I have to see how they look but definately yellow for the turn signals

Old 09-16-2010, 07:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by chrisgray86
Let me know if you have any issues with them fitting in the car I have an 02 V6 I tried another set but I could not get them to fit. And I am interested in the clear lenses too the 02 has red lenses in the rear bumber with bulbs in them so maybe that is what he sent you.
Possibly. I have a '98, but it has those red lenses back there also.

I edited my previous post and stated some additional things on it before I saw you posted again.

I went outside and pulled those lenses and found they weren't reflectors. I just thought they were because - apparently - my bulbs are toast.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by chrisgray86
I was planning on going with the clear lenses and keeping the bulbs the right color so for the red lenses you replaced red bulbs maybe I have to see how they look but definately yellow for the turn signals
I was under the impression the turn signals were on the front and back? Are those red lenses on the side quarters turn signals also? Or just running lights?

Old 09-16-2010, 07:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Here they are. sorry about the quality, I had to end up taking them with my iphone because I couldnt find my card reader.

Name:  headlight3.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  94.6 KB

Name:  headlight2.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  89.2 KB

Name:  headlight1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  96.3 KB

Quick Reply: Headlight replacement