93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

have money, want to go faster...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:00 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: have money, want to go faster...

ORIGINAL: musicman

What I'm saying is that headers and exhaust will give in the vicinity of 20 more horsepower, be it v8 of v6. There's plenty of 300 horse 3800's running around that are n/a, y'all just haven't seen them. The latest one I saw just had higher compressions pistons, and a very slight stroke done on the factory crank.
What i was getting at is USUALLY you have to spend more money the up the V8... It takes more mods for the V6 to go as fast or faster.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

There is some truth in that, considering we are starting with 2 less pistons. Plus we don't have to ridiculously huge aftermarket like all the v8 guys do. I dunno, a v8 is like a civic to me. Everyone has one.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:25 PM
3rd Gear Member

a v8 is like a civic to me
is your glass half empty too? seems to me 9 out of 10 camaros and firebirds are v6's

Old 10-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Overdrive Member

well MM every guy has a girlfriend, so why dont you be different and get a boyfriend.i mean seriously who cares who has what and how many

Old 10-16-2008, 06:39 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: importmd

a v8 is like a civic to me
is your glass half empty too? seems to me 9 out of 10 camaros and firebirds are v6's
On this forum, but come out to Oregon some time. I hardly ever see a V6 camaro. At the dragstrip when I have my hood open, people walk by, glance and the engine, then almost always do a double take. I'm actually getting tired of hearing "dude, is that a v6?". And soon enough, it'll be kicking v8's in the pants. I just have to make up my mind about how I'll do it. There's so many ways.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:14 AM

Hmm... this thread is full of fail.
A v8 doesnt "respond" better to mods than a v6, it has to do with what type of mod, how extreme, and how inefficient the oem part was. See, from 96-99, 3.8 v6s came with what is best described as a log style exhaust manifold. All 00+ cars had tubular exhaust manifolds, now if you take and put headers on both, TECHNICALLY, the earlier v6 with the log style will "respond" better simply because it was less efficient to begin with. You need to take things in perspective people, and Spartan come on, you came in here with nothing to say or contribute and said something you knew would start a flame war, dont play stupid.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:37 AM
4th Gear Member

You are the one full of fail.... lol jk.

but anyway. Ok "MM" as your dubbing yourself now lol.. Come 3 hours north to Issaquah.. its all V6 Mustangs, Camaros and Firebirds and 9 out of 10 of them are beat the hell up or undercared for.. as in dirty... The Z28s/Trans ams and GTs are usually alil better but still not everyone cares for em too much unless its a WS6 SS or special model Mustang they arent really cared for as if they were the high performance machines they are.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:49 AM
3rd Gear Member

every guy has a girlfriend, so why dont you be different and get a boyfriend
that was funny

Old 10-17-2008, 09:13 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

but anyway. Ok "MM" as your dubbing yourself now lol.. Come 3 hours north to Issaquah.. its all V6 Mustangs, Camaros and Firebirds and 9 out of 10 of them are beat the hell up or undercared for.. as in dirty... The Z28s/Trans ams and GTs are usually alil better but still not everyone cares for em too much unless its a WS6 SS or special model Mustang they arent really cared for as if they were the high performance machines they are.
I care for my six a little too much. It's at home in the garage under a cover. I also wash it at least once a week, sometimes more often then that. When I pull my motor, I'll be removing my stripes and buffing the paint for even more shine. Also, mine will have some kind of f/i when I get done with it, I've got most of the turbo components figured out, just waiting to hear about the headers.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:23 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: musicman

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

I care for my six a little too much. It's at home in the garage under a cover. I also wash it at least once a week, sometimes more often then that. When I pull my motor, I'll be removing my stripes and buffing the paint for even more shine. Also, mine will have some kind of f/i when I get done with it, I've got most of the turbo components figured out, just waiting to hear about the headers.
Awesome... but like most V6 owners on this forum who talk about going f/i.. until you actually do it i give you this: . However i believe you to be more capable so its only a half .

Quick Reply: have money, want to go faster...