93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Gurgling Noise at Idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 02:16 AM
Exclamation Gurgling Noise at Idle

1997 Chevy Camaro RS 3.8L(AT) Convertible.

Hi,
So when the car is running at idle in Park a noise is heard from the left front section of the car. I am deducing that it could possibly be something related to either Air Intake, or something Fuel related.
Q: What are your opinions on what it could possibly be that is making this subtle noise? Any opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

Writer.

1997 Chevy Camaro RS 3.8L(AT) Convertible.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:17 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Does it do it continuously or just for maybe 10-15 minutes on start up?

Old 02-04-2011, 02:18 AM

I would have to say continuously.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:23 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Do you have OEM Air Intake or a CAI?

Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 AM

OEM currently.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:45 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Hmm. What you are describing is typically an issue caused when you replace the OEM Air Intake with some sort of aftermarket CAI. The air gurgle you hear would be normal and normally stop once the car was warm or you cracked the throttle. However, it could be a whole host of issues; air bubble in coolant lines, to much oil, intake bearing... Hell i've even heard some GM mechanics say that all camaro's make that noise. I have 115K miles on my car and have had it since it had 95K is has always made that noise, and still runs perfect. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Keep an eye on it and see if it starts to effect your car.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:47 AM

Thanks. I will do that. Appreciate it.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:50 AM
In the Staging Lanes

No problem and anytime. That's what were all here for. Feel fee to check out my thread if you are looking for some ideas on what to upgrade w/ your marrow. I'm interested to see the progress if you choose to do any modifications. Just click on the link in my signature if you want to take a look.

Best of luck,

Gh0st

Old 02-04-2011, 03:01 AM

Oh, I beat you to it. I think I finished by your second reply, ha. You made some pretty nice modifications to your RS. You had me confused with your fold down seats, until I realized it was a T-Top. I have been looking at the EuroLight's website for a few minutes, and am seriously considering getting the bulb housings which allow you to change the bulbs. I will definitely have to post my updates on my thread, and take a few pictures to place on there. Thanks again my friend.
Writer.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:08 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Ha. EuroLight's was a total life saver. They offer the only solution to a non-existence product. I honestly don't like their bulbs that they provide. Their not blue enough for me which is why I ordered my HID's. I would really prefer to have Halo's, but that's not going to happen unless I change the entire front end to a 98+ version which I'm not about to do. I strongly suggest getting the EuroLights housings.. Yes their expensive if you get Hi & Low at the same time, but if you ever want to put HID's or even brighter lights then the crappy OEM it's totally worth it.

Quick Reply: Gurgling Noise at Idle