93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

gas cap

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:03 AM
Default gas cap

95 3.4 camaro when my tank is competley empty and i take the gas cap off and theres no pressure like it wasnt even on but i have a locking gas cap? plus i think its running lean. help

Old 03-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Overdrive Member

Getting codes? Get it scanned.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

First easy fix is to not run your tank completely empty, it's not good for the fuel pump motor anyway. Try not to go lower than 1/4 tank.
Is your locking gas cap a vented or non-vented type?

Old 03-03-2010, 07:09 PM

nope no codes ecept egr and iac. um idk about my new cap i dont belive its vnted but the same happened with my stock one after i had these problems i have 3,000 dollars and what can and should i do to upgrade this engine it has 198k miles on it 5spd and when got it at 192k it ran like a raped ape peeled out really easy fish tailing and hammering the gas shifting from 1st to 3rd it pulled a lot and now its just all around sluggish i had a series of problems such as clogged cat, messud up a lot clogged injectors, intake dirty, did a motervac system cleaning, egr problem(havent replaced egr yet just blanked it off), replaced fuel filter, fuel pump, and it makes a noise when smashing on it(like when you put your top teeth on ur bottum lip and make a v sound) also some morning i smash it and it almost wants to die others it takes right off, first system clean the clogged cat now i just did a seafoam clean and right before i did this i could barely peel out now i can 3k and drop clutch and hammer it but before i got 24mpg now i just get 20mpg and after all of this i jsut put cai on but before all of this i had just put a cherry bomb on . put cai on, and cut cat off and put cherry bomb on. any help with problems of what i should do