93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

flowtech any good??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Default flowtech any good??

im looking to get an exhaust made for my camaro, and im trying to find a muffler, i found a flowtech after burner http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=skui want a dual system. i talked to a guy who would be doing the work and got a quote for him to do just the muffler and tipes. he said $175 for the work, muffler, and tipes. that was if i used his muffler, he would be using an OEM z28 muffler, i want something a little louder, nothing anoying just something that is a little more throtty than stock. would it be worth it for me to just have him build me a cat back? im not sure what size pipe my v6 has but he says the z28 is 2.5 would it be worth it for me to go with a 2.5-3" cat back? and has anyone used a flowtech before? how did you like it?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Default RE: flowtech any good??

if i were u i would keep lookin on Summit for an "American Thunder" exhaust system for v6 camaros...i hav it n havent had any problems...its a flowmaster 80 series crossflow muffler with dual 3' chrome tips...its pretty badass i must say so thats what i would go with if i were u...i also got mine installed for free bc one of my friends is one of the best mechanics ive ever seen n hes only 17 so yeah, u mite have to pay but its so much better when its free!!

Old 07-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Default RE: flowtech any good??

that was my original plan but i just started thinking about building my own.... or having someone build it for me. i have the ability to put an exhaust on myself but im just tired of dealing with all the BS, rusted bolts ect. i looked under my car and its very clean with almost no rust but i know exhausts like to weld them selves together thats why i just assume to have someone do it for me. i have been listening to sound clips on youtube and like the 80 series so im really considering it, ill have to ask the guy how much he would charge to put my own muffler on, ill probably look at some other shops too. i just got charged for work he did on my ZR2 he charged me $200 more than we had talked about so.... another shop will probably be used. if i get enough will power i might just buy the cat back and put it on myself.