Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 V6 Tech (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-v6-tech-14/)
-   -   Feels like im riding in 5 Cylinders? ANy one help?! (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-v6-tech-14/feels-like-im-riding-5-cylinders-any-one-help-21489/)

cruz7o3 11-22-2007 09:45 AM

Feels like im riding in 5 Cylinders? ANy one help?!

Yesterday, I was getting off the highway, then I noticed my car feeling funny. when i barely accelarate, it kinda feels like its having trouble.. It shakes a little, So i stop immediately to check out whats goin on. Left it idle for a few, and the rpm needle starts goin up and down slightly, very slightly but noticeable. then i asked a friend to hit the gas a little, and heard a pop, like a back fire. Im wondering if one of my sparks is bad. it also happened while i was driving ti back home, back fire but not in the back, in the front. Also i've been smelling a burning smell everytime i drive, but my temperature barely goes to the middle. can anyone help? I also noticed how hard to replace spark plug wires/plugs on a camaro v6 3800..

z28pete 11-22-2007 10:07 AM

RE: Feels like im riding in 5 Cylinders? ANy one help?!

Give the car a tune up before wasting time on other stuff.

cruz7o3 11-22-2007 10:09 AM

I have replaced the belts, oil & filter, on the process of putting in new plugs/wires what else should i be looking into as a tune up? It has 135k miles 1997.

libertyforall1776 11-22-2007 12:28 PM

Add a Prestone flush kit, and do the Super Flush fluid, check for leaks, check/replace thermostat, fuel filter, air filter, add fuel system cleaner for a couple tanks, use a throttle body cleaner spray. Switch to synthetic oil, and Dexron 6 Trans. fluid -- replace your Trans. filter if not done in many years/miles.

cruz7o3 11-23-2007 06:00 PM

Ok, I got my new spark plugs wires & spark plugs installed and had my EGA valve cleaned, now the car is running perfectly.. I just hate how it feels like the car is gettin hit by a crucial wind when im gion 75 mph on the highway... Will be replacing waterpump this sunday. Thanks for all the help.

aleksandr 11-23-2007 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: cruz7o3

Ok, I got my new spark plugs wires & spark plugs installed and had my EGA valve cleaned, now the car is running perfectly.. I just hate how it feels like the car is gettin hit by a crucial wind when im gion 75 mph on the highway... Will be replacing waterpump this sunday. Thanks for all the help.
Good to know it fixed it for you. I have similar problems and have been suspecting my plugs. Will be replacing them next weekend too.

cruz7o3 11-24-2007 09:09 AM

Yeah, I kinda got scared when the problems occured, so i quickly went n bought new plugs, and had them replaced, in the process, they cleaned teh EGA valve. I already have the water pump, but didnt get a chance to replace them..