93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Fan HELP!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 01:13 AM
2nd Gear member
Default Fan HELP!?!

I have a 2000 3.8 V6 and on the temp gauge it went past 210 and i heard both of the fans come on. The engine was getting really hot. So i looked underneath my car and i did see some type of fluid but i think it was from my AC. Should I be worried about my car my friend says i am over reacting but i just want to make sure. Any info. would GREATLY be appreciated.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Tech Droid
Default RE: Fan HELP!?!

The engine is supposed to get hot, and the fans are supposed to go on to cool it down. That is why they are there.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:10 AM
2nd Gear member

so am i just overeacting ?

Old 09-12-2006, 05:01 AM

I would say yes... From my experience from my car getting hot, I wouldn't start worrying until it gets to about 230 (or the line before the redline) b/c thats what was happening to me for a long time.. And we flushed the radiator and did a temp gauge check and a bunch of other stuff, until one day we figured out I blew my head gaskets.... [] But really, like Pete said, the engine is suppose to get hot and the fan are suppose to come on and cool it down.... But Don't be so worried when your car gets a little hot...... It's suppose to do that.....

Old 09-12-2006, 10:43 AM
2nd Gear member

that sux how much did it cost to fix the head gaskets?

Old 09-12-2006, 11:59 AM

I'm honestly not really sure, but I'm thinking somewhere around $300 or less (or more I could be wrong). But we had my heads ported and polished and I had my vavles reasurfaced (or whatever) and then bought other stuff like plugs and plug wires (since we were right there we thought we might as well get new ones) ummm... Idk what else we got... But I've got tons of pics..... you can check em out at this link http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...maro/My%20Car/ and then click on "Blown Head Gaskets" and it will take you to the pics..... **Edit** If you do go to my pictures, when you get to the Head Gasket one theres the page numbers above the pics (1-5) if you click on "View All" its a whole lot easier.... **Edit**