93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Dyno Question and others

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:13 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Dyno Question and others

I think stan has hp tuners. It's a great program.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Overdrive Member

HPTuners is what I use. The LEDs are white. The back of the gauges has a blue coating. I think I showed some pics of the blue in that thread. You just need white LEDs to make the gauges blue. Unless you have a Firebird in which the coating is red or orange.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:58 PM
2nd Gear member

if your looking for a cold air intake, i would def recommend one from chrome intakes on ebay motors. theyre cheap. about 50 bucks or so. i was a little worried that it wouldnt work, but i love it. it works great and sounds so mean lol

Old 12-05-2008, 08:15 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

HPTuners is what I use. The LEDs are white. The back of the gauges has a blue coating. I think I showed some pics of the blue in that thread. You just need white LEDs to make the gauges blue. Unless you have a Firebird in which the coating is red or orange.
I was going to tell you all about how my gauges have white lighting, but I've got a 96, and the dash is different I think.

if your looking for a cold air intake, i would def recommend one from chrome intakes on ebay motors. theyre cheap. about 50 bucks or so. i was a little worried that it wouldnt work, but i love it. it works great and sounds so mean lol
+1 for that, I run an ebay intake also. A tube is a tube. Get one with a k&n filter though.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Overdrive Member

Do you have LEDs installed in the gauges, Music?

Old 12-06-2008, 11:32 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

No, I haven't got that far. If I wasn't working on wheels and tires, I'd get one of these, then do leds.

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=49688

Old 12-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Overdrive Member

The stock gauges on mine are a real light green with stock incandescent bulbs. I mean real light. Kind of looks white. This is the light yellow from the bulbs combining with the blue coating. Your gauges might be the same, I'm not sure.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Wow Thanks for all the great responses. Ok so just white LED's will make it blue...got it.

How much is that HP tuners program? Can i get it for "free"?

Old 12-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Overdrive Member

Where do you live? If it was close, I could hook you up with some adjustments. It is about $500 for the program and 8 credits. Most cars are 2 credits, or you can unlock all cars of that model, year, and engine for 4 credits. For example, I can tune as many 97 Camaro 3.8s as I want. It comes with tuning software, and a datalogger/code reader programmer. http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

The link shows what all cars you can tune with it, and the credits system. From there you can check out the rest of the site. The help section and instructions are very informative, and make it alot easier to understand. Unlike Sniper Tuning which I have for my Mountaineer.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Ninja Administrator

I thought it was 6 credits to unlock a model-year.

Quick Reply: Dyno Question and others