93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

dirt cheap turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:21 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: dirt cheap turbo kit

sorry, you left it wide open. But instead of going the F/I rought, I would suggest N/A for the 3800.

Get intake, headers & exhuast. Then other bolt ons like alm driveshaft. Dont forgot to gut the cat.

A good abott camshaft, and set of heads.

If your still not satisfied you can spray a 150 shot if you really want. You will have an 11 second car.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: TheStig

sorry, you left it wide open. But instead of going the F/I rought, I would suggest N/A for the 3800.

Get intake, headers & exhuast. Then other bolt ons like alm driveshaft. Dont forgot to gut the cat.

A good abott camshaft, and set of heads.

If your still not satisfied you can spray a 150 shot if you really want. You will have an 11 second car.
ya actually over the past few days i was like im not trying to drag or anything, just a normal school car (that will still take care of the ricers ) So ya, im thinking long tube headers (i finally found one, for like 755 bucks) magnaflow hi flo cat, 40 srs flows or something, custom intake (im going to make use of the air dam like this guy did - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533/4 ) and i found this aluminum driveshaft, for like 100 bucks too I think thats good enough, then maybe a cam, which would be awesome if i can pull that off by the end of this year [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 01-19-2008, 02:24 PM
4th Gear Member

i think for a 11sec'er.. he'd need slicks or a real wide street tire. i know BFG makes a tire thats almost a slick, like 3 zig zags on the tire and thats it.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

i think for a 11sec'er.. he'd need slicks or a real wide street tire. i know BFG makes a tire thats almost a slick, like 3 zig zags on the tire and thats it.
Some DOT drag radials should do fine. There are cars running 9-10s on drag radials. With slicks he would probly break somthing, which would cost more money, which would slow his modding.

Just luanch it with DRs, then at the top of 1st gear start spraying.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:28 PM
4th Gear Member

yeah, thtas what i meant was DRs.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:56 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: soupah

http://www.myhotbmw.com/prod/Ram/Per..._-_15HP/536749

"The 2006 Model RAM is now an 833 WATT, 60 amp axial-flow compressor that blasts out 3.0 lbs. of thrust at 800cfm"

it seems to me its not only for bimmers, its universal the way they're talking about it
those are garbage, DO NOT waste your money on it, in order to build boost you have to create more air flow than the engine already is, which that plastic little fan isnt gonna do to well, if by some miracle that **** did work, its not worth 15 hp, best way to get more hp is buy a car with a v8 in it already, other than that, you aint gettin much out that v6 with out puttin more money than you would buying a v8 car. i mean why spend 4k on a turbo kit for a v6 that will put you at 300hp, which is about the most you will get out of modding that 3.8l...so do the math 4k turbo on a 4k dollar car, not to mention all the prep you need to install a turbo, which would put you well over 8k, thats will buy a mighty decent lt1 camaro with 300 hp already, nd plenty more to go. dont waste your time nd money on something that aint worth it

Old 01-21-2008, 12:00 AM
2nd Gear member

Really the best way to go with a V6 is with spray. It will get you power, and cheap.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:26 PM
1st Gear Member

[\quote]

those are garbage, DO NOT waste your money on it, in order to build boost you have to create more air flow than the engine already is, which that plastic little fan isnt gonna do to well, if by some miracle that **** did work, its not worth 15 hp, best way to get more hp is buy a car with a v8 in it already, other than that, you aint gettin much out that v6 with out puttin more money than you would buying a v8 car. i mean why spend 4k on a turbo kit for a v6 that will put you at 300hp, which is about the most you will get out of modding that 3.8l...so do the math 4k turbo on a 4k dollar car, not to mention all the prep you need to install a turbo, which would put you well over 8k, thats will buy a mighty decent lt1 camaro with 300 hp already, nd plenty more to go. dont waste your time nd money on something that aint worth it

[/quote]

Some people like building up and putting effort into their car and build it up how they like. No matter what it is, some people would rather take pride in having a 300hp v6, than taking the easy way out and getting a v8. Maybe i'm wrong but that's my feelings towards it, i'd be happy to have my car be 300hp knowing I did it my way.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:00 PM
3rd Gear Member

thats true, but im just sayin if youre going for big horse power, modding a 3.8 isnt the way to go if youve got money nd time

Old 01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
1st Gear Member

11 sec car??damn... dnt mean to hijak.. but ive got CAI and exhausts... looking for headers for my 96 3.8.. any recomendations?

Quick Reply: dirt cheap turbo kit