93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

daytime running lamp module problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Default daytime running lamp module problems?

Got a '97 V6 camaro equipped with day time running lights. Problem is front left turn signal light is non-functional.Neither is day time running light on that lamp.
Bulb and socket is new.When left turn signal is on,rear bulb and interior indicator lamp function correctly.Which is to say they do not flash rapidly indicacting the
nominal open circuit problem.When running lamps are manually turned on,running lamp on front left side then works correctly,but still no turn signal.Schematics
indicated running lamps (daytime also),and turn signal operation run through this "day time running lamp control module".GM has published a known bulletin on
this problem with GEN 4 camaros equipped with day time running lamp option.
Question is: 1) Will malfuntion of this module affect only one side versus both sides at once? How about just one bulb or circuit?
2) Where is this module located and how is it serviced? Removal of instrument cluster shows no signs of access.
3)Where can a new replacment be purchased besides the $120 unit from the GM dealer?
4)Is it possible to "hot wire" or "hard wire" a bypass into that circuit to get around that module,without disrupting the operation of turn signals
or the day time running lamp option?
Any and all help or advice with this delema will be greatly appreciated!Thanks again in advance.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Default I'm fighting with this as well

The daytime running light module is behid the radio. It's just a bit bigger than a deck of cards, and has two plugs on it. The left are right signals do go through seperate relays, so it's possible for only one side to fail, however, the signals coming out of my DTRL module are good and neither front bulb lights! I have the same symptoms as you (parking lights alone will light the front bulbs).

I've come to the conclusion that the signals from the DTRL module and the head light switch are merged somewhere downstream. This is the component I'm currently trying to locate. If your issue is similar to mine, you may be in the same boat.

Pins G and E of the large connector on the DTRL seem to be the signal wires for the front bulbs (Pins B and D seem to be the inputs). If both of yours flash, you will no doubt have to look further downstream as well.