93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Could I have some help?? New to forums. Yes, I did use the search button.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Default Could I have some help?? New to forums. Yes, I did use the search button.

I've done a little searching on the forums. Doesn't seem to have helped a whole lot.

I'm searching this for a friend.. He's really thinking about buying this 95 3.4L Camaro.. But we're looking for some performance parts for it.

The car is a cheap one, so that's what he's in for.

I'm looking to see if it's possible to convert it to a 3.8L without alot of work.

Also, it's near impossible to find a turbo/procharger/supercharger kit for the car. I haven't even really found anything bolt on for the 3.8L.

If anyone has suggestions on Headers/Exhausts let me know.

Also for chip tuning, Where would I go for this car?

I thought maybe getting some bigger injectors, and spark plugs would be a nice add on, along with a nice set of spark plug wires.

Anything else that I should be looking to buy for the car that would give me some easy performance? Maybe a good distributor, brake lines.. Anything that you guys have done and liked. I know the car doesn't have a ton of HP stock. But we want to get it to at least 200whp without a forced induction system. Thanks in advance anyone.

-Justin

Also, in b4 "Use the search button"

Old 05-20-2009, 02:00 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

welcome to the forum,
seems like he would be better off getting a z28 to begain with but with ins the way it is for a young fella and hp car i understand. i believe a 3.8 switch would be the way to go. u can get some good hp out of the motor. it would be best if u save the bucks before the change to be able to do some mods while the motor is out.

Last edited by craby; 05-20-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:12 AM
2nd Gear member

Swaps are almost always more expensive unless you can get the parts super cheap and can do it yourself. As for performance, you should wait until you can get a V8, cheapest and most performance outta the camaro line up.

Chips don't work on the camaros, you have to get them tuned.

For exhausts, go with Magnaflow, Borla, Corsa, Dynomax, or Flowmaster. I'd suggest Dynomax or Magnaflow as their cheapest but with best bang for the buck.

Bigger injectors and new spark plugs aren't necessary on your car because you have very few mods done, and those would not really benefit your car unless they are damaged or weak already.