Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:17 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Considering a Camaro

i agree with matt on that.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah ill have to bow down and agree also.... My 6cyl is great though, 198000 miles on it and it runs like a champ, probably cuz when i bought it i updated it a little, flushed the coolant system, new brake lines, master cylinder, rotors, pads, calipers, fan, radiator, belt, alternator, underdrive pulleys, fuel filter, diff fluid change, , flushed tranny (with no problems after). I think youll love having a camaro man, even though its a sixer, i get looks and compliments constantly. GOOD LUcK!!!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:07 PM
4th Gear Member

i also agree on 3.8 not 3.4, mine has 136k miles, and it still is running strong, only problem i have is emissions.. and thats cuz of 2 holes in gas tank guy before me put in when he mounted amplifier....

when i got this car with 131k miles on it, it had....(this is gonna be very sad)

the ORIGINAL air filter AND gas filter.
it still has(havent gotten around to changing, and frankly, they arent bad) the ORIGINAL spark plugs, coils and coil pack.

i lied.. i do have a oil pan seal and rear main seal leak, but not bad enough to change(yet) when i change oil, it still has 95% of the oil i put in.
my windows do go up kinda slow, but thats just regulators.

when i got the car, it hadnt been washed in, i'd say, 3 years, my rims were black(look at what color they aare now)

my car was driven in winters(he did have studded tires)

all in all, i love my car, has very very little rust on underside(shocking, i know). on driver's side door sill, it has a quarter size spot of paint missing, but no rust. It's clutch is rock solid and never been worked on. my tranny dont slip or skip. it was dyno'ed and put out 203 horse(with added cone filter) and 219trq(i beleave) and as for gas milage, i get bout 16 around town, and 20 on highway, but i need to change CAT, plugs and all that and see if it has gone up..

i've had people offer me 5grand for my car(people from school) and, i beleave i will sell it in fall(idk yet though, want V8)

and better yet, i've beet my neighbors 98 4.6 mustang numerous times, lol.

by the way, sick looking stang, best one i've ever seen.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I'd concur on most the above. This is a helpful site, and the V6Firebird.com is full of good stickies, but many members and mods can be rude and even belligerent on rare occassions...

3800 II cars with a stick are very underappreciated sportscars, and remind me of 6 cyl British cars, esp with a good catabck and intake for the sound, and the modest power they can add; a modern car that actually responds to mods when carefully integrated. When the tires, chassis and suspension is beefed up and tuned, I feel there is no better (or funner) handling and steering car in the world....

Windows in doors are delicate but the motors are cheap and easy to install. Parts are everywhere. Torque is big, and instant, helps with low redline. Seats are good, legroom great, and these Fbodies look goood with modern styling peices that usually make most cars look tacky and/or rice, like halos, metal grills, and bright pipes. They are a steal, IMHO...

Old 06-28-2007, 02:29 PM
4th Gear Member

speaking of mods(for apperance) have you seen "JP"s -body kit- for camaro? it isnt really a body kit, but it's side skirts, a piece to go below both bumpers(not a front spoiler either), go to andysautosports and check it out, if ima keep mine instead of getting V8 i want that kit and a cowl induction hood, then i just gotta find a good and mediocre priced painter in this area >.>

Old 06-28-2007, 03:02 PM
4th Gear Member

i just want to say hi to bill......

Old 06-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Overdrive Member

V6Firebird.com is no more...

Old 06-29-2007, 09:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry, meant http://forum.camarov6.com/index.php

Old 07-01-2007, 01:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I wassort of in you situation too. For months I didnt kno if i wanted to get a camaro or a mustang....either would have to be v6. I still havnt got either but i now know that I definatly want the camaro.Some of my friends have mustangs and one or 2 have camaros. So i drove one of each (both in good shape). They are both really nice but i just like the feel of the camaro better. If your worried about the sound (which it isnt bad) all you have to do is install a magnaflow. Not quite like a v8 but it still sounds really nice. Ive definatly made my decision. I suggest you drive one.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:59 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jthorn9

OK guys, I'm new to the whole Camaro type thing. Since my Mustang is becoming more and more of a show and track car, it's becoming less and less of a streetable daily driver. I'm not looking into another V8 with the current price of gas, so I'm looking into a few options for when I decide to buy another car her within the next year. I'm still debating as to exactly what I'm gonna get, so far I'm thinking a 94-04 Mustang V6, a 4th gen Camaro V6, or some other nice car that gets decentish MPG.

A few questions though. I know how to mod a car, and fix them, however, I know jack squat about possible problems dealing with Chevys and more specifically Camaros.

So my Q is.............how do you guys like your car? I could care less about speed at this point, I'm just looking for something nice to cruise around to and from work. I need to know how reliable are Camaros and what problems they have. Also, how much MPG do you guys usually clock in at upon fill up.
Jthorn, since when did youput a stroker in your car and how is it becoming less streetable? I though it was a bolt on 5.0 that you were thinking of doing a cam swap on.?