93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Camaro v6 Missing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes

It was 40-45 PSI.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:02 PM

I am having the same problem as you. My fuel pressure was fine as well. I think you need the K9 Key or something to read the computer correctly since you have an OBII connector with an OBDI diagnostic. However, you will probably get no error codes anyways, I didn't. My mechanic is going to do a compression check and some other stuff next week, I'll let you know what the problem is. Oh and btw, your problem is going to slowly get worse.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:08 PM
I dont like my title

Originally Posted by thebetancourt
I am having the same problem as you. My fuel pressure was fine as well. I think you need the K9 Key or something to read the computer correctly since you have an OBII connector with an OBDI diagnostic. However, you will probably get no error codes anyways, I didn't. My mechanic is going to do a compression check and some other stuff next week, I'll let you know what the problem is. Oh and btw, your problem is going to slowly get worse.

I love how enthusiastic you are lol.OP keep your head up the fuel psi seems right.Dont give up it will be some stupid simple lil issue and a compression test takes all of 15mins tops not hard to do and i would also do a leak down test aswell.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by thebetancourt
Whats wierd is it seems to be getting better? Like today i could get on it and up to 2000 RPM's it didn't do it too bad.. But let me know, the car only has 132,000 miles on it and has been taken care of.. So commpression should be fine, i'd think.

Originally Posted by Boosted8vfury
[/color]

I love how enthusiastic you are lol.OP keep your head up the fuel psi seems right.Dont give up it will be some stupid simple lil issue and a compression test takes all of 15mins tops not hard to do and i would also do a leak down test aswell.
I will do a compression test anyways, but as far as leak down whats that include?

Old 02-18-2010, 02:22 PM
I dont like my title

A leak down test is a used to check the condition of the engine by using compressed air into the cylinder and measuring the rate at which it leaks down/out. Leak down testing is basicly to see if you have any cylinder leakage alone(such as blow by)(if your rings are sealing correctly)and valves aswell.You can do the compression test by your self for cheap autozone has the rent a tool deal thank its 47bux use it take it back and get your money back but as for the leak down test if youve never done it or watched it done before i would let some one do it that has before for the best results.

Last edited by Boosted8vfury; 02-18-2010 at 02:25 PM.