93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

cam question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:39 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: cam question

Don't forget to get a tune with your cam or it'll be pretty much worthless. Headers will help alot as well.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah.... wow.....

i.m.o some people cant afford/dont have time to swap a V8for their sixxxxer, so you gotta do what you gotta do.... its a deliema cuz you have a v6 camaro, but you want it to be noticed and you want it to be able to get up and go a lil bit.....
you cant bash people for just trying to get some extra power out of their sixes..

For you cam question:

before i cam'd anything i would have to have the "essential" bolt-on's, EX: Intake, Headers, Exhaust.... and after the cam you would def. need a good tune.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: 97rsturbocamaro

ORIGINAL: meteoralp45

im not bashing anyone, i had sixxer once and i know how it feels, but when people come on here and want to see ungoddly numbers out of a v6 that you would see with a v8, they dont understand its not cheap and it aint easy to do, im all for modding a v6 but dont expect too see good numbers out of them

i guess you never been too 3800performance.com nor intense-racing.com, some of their customers are pushing bigger numbers than you would think. my v6 camaro stays right with most v8 cars. including trans am, gt mustangs,z28s and some stock ss. size of the motor isnt everything, its what you have done to the size of the motor that counts. you seem to be forgetting about the ole sixxer, theres some v6s out there with over 1000rwhp, mostly sitting in the engine bays of supras and skylines but still THEY ARE V6S! and no its not cheap, but neither is putting money into a v8. its all the same, just depends on how much you want to spend and can afford to spend on how fast you want to go!
Supras and Skylines are inline 6 cylinders... The newest Skyline that's fixing to come out is a v6 though.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:52 PM
3rd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: meteoralp45

ORIGINAL: musicman2.0

exactly, its not easy though nor cheap
Actually, its very easy. You dont even need to remove the radiator or fan. Just taking off the water pump, timing cover and balancer.Remove the valve covers, take theload off the valve springs,Remove the cam plate and gears, its done. Along with a few other things like EGR pump, fuel line, alt, ect. These engines are so easy to work on, I constantaly hear guys moaning about how they are a ***** to work on, they really arnt.