93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Brighter headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:56 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Brighter headlights

So, I've gone through the trouble of reconditioning my headlamp lenses, and plan to actually take them off and use a buffing wheel... and here's the only trouble. I'm having a hard time finding a higher wattage replacement bulb set. I bought a nice set of 9006 and 9005 bulbs, rated at 55 and 65 watts respectively. I installed one side and left the other stock to compare the brightness. There was absolutely none. So this leads me to ask: Where can I find a high wattage Cool Blue type Ultra White high watt headlight bulb set (9005/9006), preferrably in excess of 75 watts for the lesser of the two?

Old 05-20-2007, 08:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Brighter headlights

So do you have all the foggy stuff off of the lenses yet? There is no need to take them off for buffing. Wal-Mart sells a kit for $20 to recondition them right on the car. My lenses were terrible, I used the kit and they look like new, and it has a sealer so they never get like that again. I was sceptical of it, but it works wonders.I've got a thread about mine in the sights and sounds section with pics. I know I didn't answer the real question you were asking but it might save you the trouble of having to take them off and buff them.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Overdrive Member

Why not experiment with an HID kit? Nothing is brighter, AFAIK...

Old 05-21-2007, 07:46 PM
2nd Gear member

I would, but they're ungodly expensive for what they offer in return.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I bought an hid kit and i like the brightness of them. but the aftermarket headlight assembly i bought is making me mad i think the projectorsare messed up on the insde

Old 05-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Overdrive Member

Which brands did you buy for each? URLs? Are there adjusters in the assemblys?

TIA!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The only adjusters are the same as the ones that are on your stock assembly and they don't adjust the headlights right. But I think the assembly that I have was damaged or something was messed up during manufacturing. You can buy the HID lights for your stock assembly. If I had it to do over again and my stock assemblies didn't have that yellow haze on them I would have kept the stock assembly and bought HID's to work with them. I bought these off eBay I bought 6000k they are a little more blue than what the look in the picture.
HID Lighst
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...22085795QQrdZ1
Headlight assembly
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 05-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Overdrive Member

I dunno, is 3X the light of a halogen worth the price, and at lower wattage? Depends on the person...

FYI, an employee of Speed Inc. http://www.speedinc.com recommended the following for HID kits:

http://www.xenonking.com

He said a lot of the cheaper versions just do not last...

I went with the ones from http://ddmtuning.com

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 04-07-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added link
Old 05-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Overdrive Member

So won't they exchange the assembly for you ? Did you install yourself or a shop? I would call the vendor you bought them from and send pics and ask for a corrected one...

ORIGINAL: ryanh_3

I bought an hid kit and i like the brightness of them. but the aftermarket headlight assembly i bought is making me mad i think the projectors are messed up on the insde

Old 05-27-2007, 02:41 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I have talked tothe guy from sabersportsand he told me that he hadn't had any problems with the lightsand he would talk to the distributor. After he talked to the distributor he told me that the distributor had talked the manufacture and they hadn't ever heard of the problem but they would fix it. I then talked to several people that bought thesame assemblyand they had the same problem.Several people told me that theythought they were the only ones with this problem. They also said they were going to e mail sabersports.Theytoldsabersportsthey would send them the lights back when they gotthe pair of the new corrected ones back. I did the same. the HID's I got came with a year warranty I believe if they don't last I'll buy a new set and send that old set back saying they don't work. As much as Ipaid they should lasta life time.

Quick Reply: Brighter headlights