93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

bought camaro today, need a lil help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:12 AM

i bypassed the tdr, and the starter is now turning over, i was told the relays have already been changed so i am under the impression that the vats are indeed malfunctioning. Im just a little curious as of what the tdm or bcm or what ever the heck it is looks like, i found a metal box that drops out with a circuit board inside it near the tdr relay, could this infact be the tdm? instead of wiring resistors in to the system, i wired a chip from each key(at separate times) and used a unchipped key to try to start it, which failed. So its either the chip or the tdm is what i figure. could i replace the tdm and use the chip originaly for the tdm i get to wire into the system? or would i be better off just buying a bypass module?

Old 04-27-2010, 10:39 PM

eh, no responses today :-\. ive had the car about 2 days and am already starting to get frustrated lol. I know its the vats. I built a vats bypass module today. I have my 3 wires on the bypass module, i know one is hot and one is ground and one is the fuel enable signal, fricken prblem is that i dont know which wire on my car is the fuel enable wire, and i cant dig up anything to let me know, seen lots of different options but havent seen mine. My car is a 1995 camaro v6 3.4 L. I believe the bcm, whatever it is, is the silver box i have located and dropped from under the passenger side dash near the starter relay under the glove compartment. The plug on the assumed bcm is a yellow plug with 2 rows of 12 prongs. I have no clue which wire is the fuel enable wire, and well, i have to get fuel to make the m effer run. If anyone has any insight please let me know. I have been reading all day. I built the bypass module, and i just need to know one lil fricken wire.... thanks alot. KC