93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

2000 camaro fuel issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Default 2000 camaro fuel issues

fuel Open Question
2000 Camaro fuel pump/ fuel filter/ and fuel pressure regulator all replaced, still no gas getting to the motor.. mechanic is stumped, don't know what it is.. my car started getting harder than normal to start, than I heard a grinding noise when turning the key instead of buzzing that it normally does. than I was driving, the car died completely, was able to get it started about an hour later, made it home, and it died again, wouldn't start til the next morning.. than the next day, drove to walmart, died again. was towed to the shop, they said there was no noise coming from fuel pump, so shop replace the fuel pump, and car still would not start, shop then replaced the fuel pressure regulator, and the car still will not stay running, the mechanic is saying no fuel getting to the injectors, said the valve that you check the fuel pressure from isn't even getting gas.. he is stumped now, doesn't know why fuel is not getting to the motor, meantime, I have ended up with a huge repair bill, now I am starting to wonder if my car even needed a fuel pump, or regulator................

Old 08-17-2013, 01:03 AM
In the Staging Lanes

eeek... sounds like it maybe time to find a new mechanic. This should be a rather easy diagnosis.

I would start off verifying the fuel pump is getting 12V at the pump - this will allow you to figure out which direction you need to troubleshoot. You maybe also able to put your ear to the tank while someone else turns the ignition on to see if you hear the pump priming.

If the pump is not getting power than you have to chase out the electrical aspect.

If pump is getting power than I would open the fuel filter lines and check to see if the pump is pushing gas out. If it is then start chasing it up the line to the motor (blow through the lines to check for obstructions you will have to remove the fuel line up front at the pressure regulator). If it is not getting gas out of where the fuel filter is than it is time to head towards the tank.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:30 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

here is some info, hope it helps. check fuel pump relay. also could be a bcm issue.

Attached Thumbnails 2000 camaro fuel issues-fuel-pump-diagram.jpg   2000 camaro fuel issues-fuel-pump-diagram-2.jpg   2000 camaro fuel issues-evap-system-diagram.jpg  
Old 08-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Default new info

so I called a chevy dealer, spoke to a guy In service, he is saying they will have car towed there on Monday.. said it sounds like electrical, and the mechanic working on it should have known that.. they are saying when the fuel pump goes bad, there is no restarting the car.. yet my car kept restarting, just wouldn't stay running.. would cut off about 15-30 min later. now I have to pay this damn guy for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so pissed

Old 08-17-2013, 02:09 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ohh yes you can restart with a failing fuel pump. i went for quite a while on one in my truck, let it cool off and good for another 10-20 miles. lets hope you got a new fuel pump and pressure regulator out of the deal. ask what pump was used, part number if you can. if its a oem pump then you wont have to worry about it for a few years. has anyone looked at the fuel pump relay, easy and low cost.