93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

94 Camaro 3.4L Turbo Kit Available?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 11:55 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default 94 Camaro 3.4L Turbo Kit Available?

The next thing in line for my project is a nice forced induction system for her. Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best turbo kit for my 94 3.4L 207 Camaro w/5-speed manual transmission. I heard there were a couple of kits out there, but i want the best one. Thanks for the input!!!

Old 11-14-2011, 02:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Save your money and use it to get an 8. Not worth it

Old 11-14-2011, 05:16 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

No kits I am aware of, the heads are really restrictive on the 3.4, Turbo will help to load up the cylinder and it will not help on the exhaust side. As stated above to get anywhere near the speed of a v8 you going to spend 2X what it would cost to buy a V8 car in nice shape.

If you find a kit please let us know. We have had a lot of people ask about it in the last ten years but once they see the price no one on this site has done it.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I think what I'm gonna do is go with aluminum heads.....that in theory should give me the cfm I need for the turbo application. I seem to remember seeing a kit from summit racing, but it's been a few years since I researched it. I deployed to Afghanistan shortly thereafter....lol. I've decided that it's what I want to do....certainly I'll keep you guys informed as to how everything turns out.

By the way....I just replaced the stock injectors yesterday with Accel 17lb'ers.....the response is night and day, especially considering there were 231,000 miles on the originals. I'm having an issue, however, with a check engine light. I went to check the engine codes under diagnostic mode by jumping the terminals and the chech engine light wont blink.........somethings wrong.....I hope its not the computer.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You can not "Jump" the connector in an OBD1 system. You need a scan tool to get codes.

The bottom end of your 3.4 is very limited on the HP it will support. Also your computer system has a lot of limitation and will need updates and tweaks. Your going to spend 5-7K just to hit high 12's in the quater mile and it will not be happy about driving on the street. A stock LS1 car can be bought for $3500. They are high 12's low 13 stock. With about $1500 in bolton and a tune you can hit low 12's and get 27 MPG and be street friendly all day long.

I am not bashing V6's. If you want to build a fast V6 go for it but the 3.4 is not budget friendly. You figure you can get $1500 for your V6 and buy a LS1 for $3500 that is a 2K investment. Your not even going to be able to fab a turbo up for that. That is why the mod is very rare. Once you do the research it is just not worth it.

Either way good luck.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:32 AM
In the Staging Lanes

point well taken there......I got a scanner tool because the jump didnt work, and the OBD1 scanner didnt work either....it's odd.....even autozone was confused.....I checked the scanner, it does show for my vehicle......maybe the scanner was just a piece of junk.....who knows. Thanks for the input.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:40 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Oh by the way......even if I don't do a turbo, I think I will go with aluminum heads......the heat dissipation and cfm will greatly affect it. Believe it or not it still has the air box on it......lol.....thats probably the first thing that should get changed......lol. It was my sisters car, she bought it new and gave it to me because she didnt like the 2000$ trade in offer. I've had it a few years now but I've been deployed mostly. Its got a whole new suspension, short block rebuild, new injectors, polished intake, all new braking system (save the ABS module), new radiator, reman alternator, new water pump, all new belt and hoses. All in all I think I've put about 8000 into her in the past 4 years. I know most people dont like the 6 bangers but this one is extremely reliable, and easy to wok on......heck, I had the injectors replaced in no time. I used to work on F/A-18 E/F Super Hornets though......so anything other than those is a sinch....lol. You guys have a good one.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:37 AM
I Like to Party

i Like my 6 banger ;D

Old 11-14-2011, 06:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

lovin mine to , working on jets bet that brings in some money

Old 11-14-2011, 10:24 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by richard.nelson100
point well taken there......I got a scanner tool because the jump didnt work, and the OBD1 scanner didnt work either....it's odd.....even autozone was confused.....I checked the scanner, it does show for my vehicle......maybe the scanner was just a piece of junk.....who knows. Thanks for the input.
you have what some call a bastard. they switch from obd1 to obd2 in 95 so you have a obd1 computer with a obd2 port so you need a obd1 scanner with a adapter. hard to find. I haven't heard about alum. heads for a 3.4 unless your talking about a 3400/3500 head swap. if so your gonna need the 3400 or 3500 pistons or your end up with 10:1 compression and need a aggressive cam to blow some of that pressure off.

Quick Reply: 94 Camaro 3.4L Turbo Kit Available?