93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

3.8 long tubes

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 01:43 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default 3.8 long tubes

i have been very interested in the FFF lts for the 3.8 but i was wondering if anyone has heard them Y-ing back into a magnaflow system? i currently have pace setters to a mf cat back and i would rather save some $$ and put the tls into it verses X-ing them and dumping before the axle... any thoughts to how it would sound? or vid links? thanks! i searched for this topic but FFF lts were only mentioned not discussed.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:42 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: 3.8 long tubes

There is no such thing as cheap custom LTs =P But you'd need a custom Y,X,H pipe whatever you plan on using.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

wanna save some money? like $800 bucks or so....

keep your pacesetters and your MF catback

want more power?

look into freeing up "power robbing" parts, i.e: pullys, driveshaft, rear end

buy bolt on's. i.e: CAI, Throttle body, High flow cat.

get into it: port match your heads to your intake mani, add a mild cam with the supporting mods.

for $800 you could get a 75hp dry shot.

just my $0.02

Old 08-27-2008, 12:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

well i know how much the Long tubes cost and i just put a new 3.8 long block in my rs so i dont plan on doin any motor work yet. if i cam it i need new heads and all the new computer programming to go with. im not trying to do that i just like the sound of Lts and true duals but i was trying to figure out how they would sound going into a magnaflow cat back. i already have a cai, a/c eliminated including extra idler pulley. where could i get a new throttle body? would it even be worth it? i like the whole Long tube idea because it gives the motor a nice sound and eliminates egr which i have been planning on doing.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: corruptkid29

i just like the sound of Lts and true duals but i was trying to figure out how they would sound going into a magnaflow cat back.
okay well your MF catback would be usless if you wanted 'true duals'

you would have to get a whole new customexhaust made. and if you REALLY were gunna run true duals, where would you dump? i mean where would your exhaust exit?

from what i understand the most cost effective way is to exit before the rear axle.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yes i know this. dumping before the rear axle to keep true duals. my buddy with a 98 ta just did it with his lts X and then dumped but i am just wondering if there is anyone who would know how it would sound if i put the Long tubes into a Y back into my MF catback instead of dumping it.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

oh okay man,

look on youtube/photobucket/google

you should be able to find someone who has done that before.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i did but i didnt find anything its fine i think i am going to X them and dump them before the axle

Old 08-27-2008, 03:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes

your gunna have a muffler shop do it?

Old 08-27-2008, 05:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

no, either i would buy an X, mufflers, pipe extensions, and turn downs that fit up and do the welding and hanging myself or i am going to take to a real shop lol. because i will still need to have my pcm reprogrammed for the egr removal. i am from chicago and the only place i know of that does good work is speed inc but the only do suspension work on 6s no engine work cause they are a custom shop for LS1 TAs, Zs, and GTOs

Quick Reply: 3.8 long tubes