t5 WC transmission help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 11:59 AM
Default t5 WC transmission help

Hello all,

I recently did a tranny swap in my 1994 3.4l. The old t5 wc had 188,xxx on it and it was time for it to go. I replaced it with a used one with what I was told had 59,xxx miles on it. Upon receiving the transmissionall looked good and proceeded with the swap.

After I got the car back together, I tried to go for a drive, turns out the car was very hard to get into gear etc. I had to pump the crud out of the clutch pedal to get it into gear. I thought I had some air in the systemso I tried bleeding it. I was able to get what I thought to be a substantial amount of air out of the clutch hydraulic system. So, back on the ground the car went and still the car didn't want to act right. It was better but I decided to go ahead and replace the clutch master, the slave cylinder and the reservoir as all these components were old and worn. I ordered a pre-bled complete system from rock auto (wagner brand). The car is much better now but I still have some inconsistent clutch disengagement. Sometimes the car might shift perfectly into all the gears and I can drive the car normally. Other times I have a really hard time getting it into gear. I put the car on the lift this weekend and had the car running with it in gear, when I pushed the clutch down, the driveshaft was able to be turned by hand, telling me the clutch had disengaged. My buddy and I did this for about 20 minutes to see if we could find a problem, selecting all different gears. Went to drive it home and again, inconsistent clutch disengagement. Seems the worst when put into reverse, last night, the clutch pedal was to the floor and backwards the car went.

Question is, is there anyway I still have some air somewhere in my system? Is there anyway better than others to try to bleed this stupid sealed system? I thought maybe the throw out bearing isn't on the clutchfork properly?

I really do not want to take to anyone as I always try to take care of my own repairs, but I am at wits end. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ancestor720