Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 Interior (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-interior-117/)
-   -   Future Decision... (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-interior-117/future-decision-72233/)

flowride 10-29-2012 02:24 AM

Future Decision...

So...I have been looking a while for front interior seats. There's tons of race stuff on ebay, but have you ever noticed the pricing of the interior seat cover kits? Duuuuuude, what a joke! Guys are on the net at ebay and other places selling pleather kits for a GRAND.

On to the good (great) news. I found an upholstery shop here in the SFV that will redo my front seats in the original style for $450. Pleather, but I don't really care.

It's either that or buy some of those fancy @$$ race seats off fleabay. So...anybody have an opinion?

Camambro 10-29-2012 06:32 AM

Find some used seats at a junk yard. Sometimes you can get lucky and find some good ones.

flowride 10-31-2012 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Camambro (Post 649512)
Find some used seats at a junk yard. Sometimes you can get lucky and find some good ones.

You're right, but I have not been so lucky. However, since I have more time than money, maybe the right set will come along at some point.

jkeaton 10-31-2012 07:20 AM

Where are you located? There is a guy near me selling the seats out of a 93 for $50.

flowride 11-01-2012 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by jkeaton (Post 649726)
Where are you located? There is a guy near me selling the seats out of a 93 for $50.

I'm in West Hills, CA (L.A.). I think it's a bit far from you.

torque_is_good 11-05-2012 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by flowride (Post 649501)
So...I have been looking a while for front interior seats. There's tons of race stuff on ebay, but have you ever noticed the pricing of the interior seat cover kits? Duuuuuude, what a joke! Guys are on the net at ebay and other places selling pleather kits for a GRAND.

On to the good (great) news. I found an upholstery shop here in the SFV that will redo my front seats in the original style for $450. Pleather, but I don't really care.

It's either that or buy some of those fancy @$$ race seats off fleabay. So...anybody have an opinion?

I put these on my 95Z and they fit snug and look like factory upholstery. You can get for the rear as well and they aren't cheap but they are good

Camaro 69 11-05-2012 12:03 PM

"Leatherette"? With the poor Ette nearing extinction, I'd suspect that now comes from faux cows?
Curious, do you have any pictures of your seats that you can share with the rest of the class?
Do they cover or replace the existing upholstery?

RaiderGT 11-05-2012 09:25 PM

I would also like to know this ^^^ Pics pretty please?

TheArtfulLodger 11-06-2012 01:31 PM

Camaro 97-2002 Seat Upholstery Kit , New Reproductions, Set, Front and Rear, Hampton Vinyl Leatherette - Hawks Third Generation
There are also Leatherette, but they are made for each order. I'd buy from Hawks just because they are so helpful with whatever you need.

flowride 11-06-2012 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Camaro 69 (Post 650275)
"Leatherette"? With the poor Ette nearing extinction, I'd suspect that now comes from faux cows?
Curious, do you have any pictures of your seats that you can share with the rest of the class?
Do they cover or replace the existing upholstery?

I'd like to see them as well, but my seat foam is jacked, too, so I think it's going to be the upholstery shop or racing seats for me. IF I can ever get around to it.

Friends at work are trying to convince me to go to Tijuana since we're so close. I am just a bit leery of that idea.