Z28 to an SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Z28 to an SS

ORIGINAL: nickdotcom

i said badges, not hood or spoiler, i agree that they look great. Thats one of the reasons i got an SS.

if he is going as far as to change all the neccesary peices he is clearly going to be trying to pass it off as an SS

and 02s with leather don't have the "SS" in the seats either.
i never said that i was going to pass it as an SS. IF i ever did that, i would leve the Z badges on.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:35 AM
1st Gear Member

thats retarded. if you wanted an SS you should have bought one. putting SS badges on a Z28 is RICE
im not made of money i cant afford to buy an SS. also IF(i probably wont any way) all the parts where changed to be like an SS why would it be any less of an SS? its the same car.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:25 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: red star

i never said that i was going to pass it as an SS. IF i ever did that, i would leve the Z badges on.
so if you were going to pass it off as an SS you would leave the Z badges, but since your not your changing to SS badges? that makes no sense at all

and it wouldn't be an SS becuase it was not modified by SLP to be a Super Sport. Its a Z28 made to look like a super sport.

you would be just like any other ricer who puts "Type R" on there integras or GT on there V6 mustangs.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:20 AM
1st Gear Member

so let me get this straight, there is no internal differences between the 2

Old 07-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: JD1969

thats retarded. if you wanted an SS you should have bought one. putting SS badges on a Z28 is RICE
I dissagree, the SS hood and wing are the best looking avalible for the 4th gens IMO. It's not like there is a performance differance between an SS and a Z. As long as you don't try and pass it off as real when/if you sell it, I see no harm.
when I was in the mustang world the biggest issue was people putting cobra emblems on a GT (sometimes even 6er). These names entail performance packages. No matter what u do to a GT you will not have a cobra unless you swap in IRS and a 4v (for the new ones at least). But if someone did do that swap I wouldnt object. however, with camaro's the differences are basically limited to visual. you can easily have everything that is the SS package. I dont see any problems to rebadging according to its new "performance" level, as long as what the badge designates is true (im saying that the name of the car has more to do with what the car is than what happened at the factory).

that being said, it is important upon resale that the owner is honest about the car's beginning because that affects price.

If I bought the blistein shock upgrade and ram air hood and lid combo on my car I would put a "WS.6 Performance Package" badge on my car because that package is and only is shocks and a hood. this is also true of the camaro.

but, since I have qa1's and an lsp lid i have something close to that package (actually better) but it is not the package itself, so i wouldnt rebadge.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:54 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: #12

so let me get this straight, there is no internal differences between the 2
That is correct an SS and Z/28 are the same in performance regards.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

wow that is cool in one regurard cause i own a z, on the other hand what is the point. really, if i ponyed up the $ for a ss the least that they couldve done was give it some more beef.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:08 AM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: smartasswhitegirl

I personally like the hoods for a SS better than a Z....So I will look like a jackass...but if I was going to go through all the trouble of "switching" everything I would just find a SS.....Exactly what does RICE mean here in NC we eat that??????
when they say Rice they are refering to the type of cars that you would see in the fast & furious movies. You know, the giant spoiler, loud fart can, stupid purple & green paint job, DOHC badges, and ofcourse it has to have VTECH! usally being a japanesse car, it was called a ricer burner. Today usally shortend to "he is a ricer" or "That car is rice" And ricers are famus for (amung other things) rebading their car to make it look like a higher model.

Like alot of people said on here, I dont care if somone changed out everything needed to be a SS if they put SS badges on. But why?? If you like the hood & spoiler go ahead and put them on your car. But I dont think the SS badges are nessacary.
ORIGINAL: #12

wow that is cool in one regurard cause i own a z, on the other hand what is the point. really, if i ponyed up the $ for a ss the least that they couldve done was give it some more beef.
In 4th generation camaros it was offerd as a visual package. Alot of people paid the extra money not only becuase they like the look better, but becuase of the collectible value. It like an RS to a base V6. Same exsact car but the RS came with ground effects & other things. The Y87 performence package was offerd to both the base V6 & RS. So there is no real performence gain from a base 3800 to an RS or from a Z28 to an SS, they were only visual packages.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
October 2007 ROTM

Funny.... When I first got my 71 camaro. It came with a SS emblem on the front and a Z28 emblem on the back.....LOL.... So before I got the car I run the numbers and it came out to be just a regular V8 Camaro which still not bad and everything was stock with only 153k miles. So to name my car Icame out with a new embem. J/K

71 Camaro CHP ( Costume High Performance )

Old 07-25-2007, 07:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't think completely converting the car to an SS and putting SS badges is anywhere near as bad as putting GT on a v6 mustang, after all, he's not putting z28 badges on a 6er. I agree with JD that there isn't much harm in it, as long as he doesn't try to make a little extra cash selling it as a SS. putting z28 badges on a v6 is rice, this is not as bad I don't think. Personally, if i had a z28 instead of my 6 banger, i'd put on the SS hood and spoiler but leave the z28 badges, but to each his own.