Are You Kidding Me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 12:28 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Location: Born and Raised in Ironwood Michigan (The Army sends me all over.)
Default Are You Kidding Me?

So, I found a new drivers side fog light housing today. Ebay wanted 72 DOLLARS for one!!!! Found a guy parting out a car and snagged one for 10 bucks. Anyways, decided that I would pull the car into the garage and change it out quick.

Boy was I in for it. I had to pull all the plastic off of the underside on the driver's side and then undo the underside of my bumper just to get at the bracket. It was one big PITA. I hope I never have to do that again. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself and have a bulb go out. I figured while I was under there I would recharge my CAI filter (I have to access it from underneath).

OK, my rant is over. I just had to vent about the bad design on the fog lights.

On a better note, I found out what the squeak/clunk coming from my passenger side rear when I turn corners was. Somehow my spare worked its way loose and was just rattling around back there. I put the screw in retainer back on and VOILA.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:57 AM
I Like to Party

Great to hear. Welcome to the forums

Old 11-26-2011, 07:25 AM

What I have noticed was the headlights on 98 - 02 are very easy to remove, once the headlight is out make easy access to the driving / fog light.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:22 AM
4th Gear Member

You do know you can do it without go underneath the car and removing stuff. I swapped out my old broken fog lights for a cheapo walmart set that actually work pretty good and I didn't go underneath the car once. I'll find the page that has the info.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:27 AM
2nd Gear member

One of the fog light bulbs was burned out on my 94 when I bought it. Once the engine was rebuilt and the car was driveable I started tackling all the little odds and ends like burned out bulbs.

I, too, got the really rude awakening about those fog light bulbs. I expected a 5 minute job but what a freakin' horror to get to them. I hope I never have to mess with them again.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:48 AM
4th Gear Member

Here's the page I found when I did my fog lights and it describes how you can do it without removing anything other than the fog light itself.

Changing Fog Light Bulb on 93-97 Camaro

Old 11-27-2011, 04:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Location: Born and Raised in Ironwood Michigan (The Army sends me all over.)

I did consider doing that, however, the inside pin on the light has little clearance. I tried to do this when I pulled the part off of the donor car, and it really got me heated. I just figured I would go the Pain in the rear way but at least that way I know I will get to it. It wasn't hard work. Just time consuming. Plus it is always nice to get to wrench on my car.