Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/)
-   -   WS6 and SS, overrated? (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/ws6-ss-overrated-18387/)

BAN WS6 08-25-2007 10:02 PM

WS6 and SS, overrated?

Basically from what I've put together, from people on these boards and at car shows,the WS6 and SS really aren't that great from the regular T/A's and Z28's. It seems that with a little exhaust work they're up and running with the SS's and the WS6's. My main complaint with the WS6 and the SS is the suspension. I was under the impression that they're supposed to have great handling and response. Since I've been driving my WS6 I actually feel that for a sports car it can be a bit sloppy at times. Just curious if anybody else agrees or disagrees. Also, don't get me wrong, I love my Trans Am. I just want to feel a little more feedback when I'm drifting through the corners or in a high bank. With the stock suspension it seems like they focused too much on comfort over performance.

meteoralp45 08-25-2007 11:06 PM

RE: WS6 and SS, overrated?

well, in truth, the ss and ws6 is really more of a looks package, its kinda like having a honda with manual windows and a honda with power windows...as far as suspension, these cars are meant for goin straight and going straight fast, lots of low end torque and amazing off the line starts..handling is best dealt with imports, although you can upgrade you suspension so she'll handle better, personally im pleased with the handling i get with my car, i wouldnt want to take a turn any fast than i do

Redneck97 08-26-2007 12:12 AM

uhhh.

WS6 is the same asa Z/28 Trans Am is the same asa SS (and vice versa) ITS ALL THE SAME lol.

they all put out 350 fly wheel hp. (LS1)

It wasa marketing scheme by GM.
And its the same for 93-97

Redneck97 08-26-2007 12:17 AM

double post

meteoralp45 08-26-2007 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Redneck97

uhhh.

WS6 is the same asa Z/28 Trans Am is the same asa SS (and vice versa) ITS ALL THE SAME lol.

backwards, ws6 = ss t\a = z28

Redneck97 08-26-2007 01:30 AM

ORIGINAL: meteoralp45

uhhh.

no....i ment what i typed....

There's nothing special abouta WS6 ora SS.....both put out the same hp and had same trans same motor same suspension same mufflers.......There the same asa Z/28 and Trans Am.......Just some cosmetics.....that GM just over charged for.

TheStig 08-26-2007 01:45 AM

He is exsactly right.

Z28 = WS6 = SS = Trans Am

They were mostly for colectiblity value & cosmetics.

As far as handling goes, the camaro isent only for strait line driving. It is accully one of the better handling muscle cars out there. The engine is mounted far enought back to have good weight distrabution. One of the biggest things aginst the handling is, unlike the corvette, it has a solid rear axil.

95slvrZ28 08-26-2007 02:54 AM

A lot of it depends on what packages got ordered. It was optional to get a Bilstien level 2 suspension package in stall by SLP on an SS Camaro, thus meaning could be different. Also, the SS Camaro in '96 and '97 had more HP than the Z28's because the ram air hood eliminated the retarted stock airbox, so it actually saw a HP increase.

meteoralp45 08-26-2007 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: meteoralp45

uhhh.

no....i ment what i typed....

There's nothing special abouta WS6 ora SS.....both put out the same hp and had same trans same motor same suspension same mufflers.......There the same asa Z/28 and Trans Am.......Just some cosmetics.....that GM just over charged for.
ohh i get what your saying now, i just read it wrong, i was just putting it in the way that they come from the factory how ss and ws6 are just a cosmetic package, and what not, but yes your right, there all the same car, just one comes with a cosmetic package really

cbr600rx7 08-26-2007 12:56 PM

They are the same car. The only ones that are realy diffrent would be the SLP camaro and the Firehawk Pontiac. The all of the cars above are great cars and all low 13 sec cars good even for todays stadings. The cars handle and performe just like they should. Lets not forget a 5 year old F-BODY will still run laps around a 05-07 GT thats someting to be proud of. :(we miss you F-BODY sniff.