Whisper Lid

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:33 AM
2nd Gear member
Default Whisper Lid

Okay so I've been looking around on the internet looking for a whisper lid for my v6. I've had absolutely no luck, I was wondering if a V8 whipser lid could be modded to work?

Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I had the same problem, so I modded my lid to work and got rid of those hp robbers. I can take pics and show you what I did if you want.

This lid was pointed out to me, but I think it's too expensive and looks cheap http://www.whispermotorsports.com/fbody.html

Last edited by DarlingReject; 04-27-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
I had the same problem, so I modded my lid to work and got rid of those hp robbers. I can take pics and show you what I did if you want.
If its not too much trouble that'd be awesome.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Keep in mind, this is how we made my stock lid work. I haven't been able to figure out of the LS1 lids will work with the bellow they come with, so I didn't take the chance in spending $100+ and it didn't end up working. Your lid I think is slightly different than mine though, but it's still the same idea. All we did was went to Lowes and bought some heater ducting stuff (not the cheap flimsy stuff) for $9 for like 3 feet, used hose clamps for around the MAF/throttle body and used the stock hose clamp for around the lid (since it's the unique oval shape). I also cut and Dremeled down the plastic divider inside the lid opening. A little tweaking and drilling a small hole to put the sensor in the lid and it was done. We used some left over caliper paint and painted it instead of a bright silver it originally is. The top is a little dented from trying to form it to that oval shape on the lid. But that's it. I think it took my bf like 10 minutes to do it. A very cheap, but functional way of finishing off the intake.
Name:  102_0534.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  83.9 KB
Name:  102_0535.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  103.9 KB

Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

i think we found that near the appliance aisle. its near dryer vents and such

Old 04-27-2010, 08:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarlingReject

This lid was pointed out to me, but I think it's too expensive and looks cheap http://www.whispermotorsports.com/fbody.html
although the whisper site is still up im pretty sure its not functional and you cant buy anything off of it, thats why you need to find a used lid that someone is willing to part with. as for the price i thought it was high for just a lid but multiple people have told me its worth the money.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by masonhoban
although the whisper site is still up im pretty sure its not functional and you cant buy anything off of it, thats why you need to find a used lid that someone is willing to part with. as for the price i thought it was high for just a lid but multiple people have told me its worth the money.
Yeah, I've been told several times that Whisper doesn't make them anymore, but was a little confused because the site was up and had prices listed. I didn't bother looking into it though because it was too expensive.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Whisper Motorsports doesn't make them anymore, unfortunately. You can still find the LS1 models online at some places, but as for the V6 ones it seems like you can only buy them secondhand. It's a shame really because from my understanding the whisperlid for the 3800 was THE lid to get for your car.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:44 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by DavidJ1907
Whisper Motorsports doesn't make them anymore, unfortunately. You can still find the LS1 models online at some places, but as for the V6 ones it seems like you can only buy them secondhand. It's a shame really because from my understanding the whisperlid for the 3800 was THE lid to get for your car.
Yeah, I've heard this as well.