Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/)
-   -   Whats up with my 93 z28? (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/whats-up-my-93-z28-79991/)

DiggityDavee 04-24-2016 01:46 PM

Whats up with my 93 z28?

So I bought this z28 little while ago, it leaks oil right now in couple different spots in engine bay. Just recently, I tried starting my car, all i heard was the fuel pump prime, tried moving shifter through the gears and putting it into park again, with no luck, 2 minutes go by and I try again and it starts up like nothing was wrong at all. Also my car won't accelerate for ****, the video below is me all the way on the pedal, at a stop I can lite the tires up like no tomorrow though. Car is all stock the guy said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_kd...ature=youtu.be

95 camaro 406 04-24-2016 02:36 PM

first issue could be check valve in the fuel pump mine did it for over a year ,try turning the ignition 2 0r 3 times without starting it the car ,should start every time ,an saves the starter from turning over to much ,you talk about lighting up the tires with that old car ,soon enough you will need gaskets if you got an oil leak you better babey that car,tune up could be ? miles could be getting tired too theres so many things it could be ,but till you fix the issues drive it like gram

DiggityDavee 04-24-2016 08:22 PM

I was just letting you guys know what it can do, I don't regularly do burnouts ever in any vehicle I own. But for it shifting into 3rd or so gear so early is odd when all the way on pedal.

craby 04-24-2016 11:10 PM

flash for trouble codes. look at 23 here 4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids hopefully something will come up to let us know where to look. also test temp sensor on the front of the water pump. look at 20 same place,,, shbox is good. 33 and 34 will show how to test fuel pressure, low fuel pressure will not throw a code so if no codes this may be it. common oil leak source is intake manifold ends, front and back.

torque_is_good 04-25-2016 07:18 AM

when in park, does the engine respond properly when you depress the accellerator pedal?

When under load (driving), does it shudder, pop, backfire any of the above?
When sitting at idle in drive, does the engine shake as if it dropped a cylinder?

DiggityDavee 04-25-2016 08:50 PM

It does have a vibration it seems when idling but I wasn't sure if that was a mount or something like that. Everything else seems okay, but just got a service engine light yesterday out of no where.

95 camaro 406 04-26-2016 11:38 AM

o2 sencor is the biggest culprit ,I had cars that would do that for 50.000 miles an never effect the way it ran ,though in most states if the light is on wont pass inspection ,goes on in my 99 bace every few thousand ,but does not seem to be a huge issue,comes on goes right off most of the time ,though there are many things can trigger it ,take it to someone with a code reader ,these cars do need a good mechanic on them an one that has worked on the 4th gens or that's good at trouble shooting

DiggityDavee 04-26-2016 03:03 PM

All my friends and family that are mechanics refuse to work with camaros that have a lt1 or ls1, all complain how tight everything is lol, and I dont have many tools at all, just what I use for work. I'll try to get it scanned soon, but the service engine light is off now....

95 camaro 406 04-26-2016 06:25 PM

yup probley not an issue ,mine has not done it yet this year ,your family must be used to working on old shcool engines ,couse while the lt1 may be tight all new cars pretty much are ,an the new ones even more ,all these covers to pull of before you can get to the engine,my friend has a 1995 grand prix he loves it ,but the battery is under the washer fluid tank an has to come out first ,nothing like the cars of the 70s an some 80s ,after that is all down hill,? have you give the car a tune up ,what have you done to it so far or what did the preveous owner claim to do ,when ever I get a new used car I allways do plugs wires in this case opti but try to wait till you need a water pump on the opti ,

DiggityDavee 04-26-2016 07:27 PM

So this time my car wouldn't start like it had been, but the whole time the security light was on, waiting 2 minutes for security light to go off and it started right up. Places around me quoted me 350 to do plugs and wires, figured that was a bit steep since i'm sure it would be cheaper plugs wires that theyd get for it. I've already looked and I won't be able to do the plugs wires with what I have available to me lol