what is this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Question what is this?

in the trunk area of my 93 camaro i have this "thing". is it the gas tank?its right behind the rear seats the top is covered with a carpet, but i dont knw if its the gas tank. it looks metal. also if it is can i place it somewhere else i want to use as much of the space as i can. i have 2 12's 4 10's 2 capacitors a battery 5 amps and alot of voices. i want to install all of this in my baby to really make her BOOM. if i cant relocate this, will the system damage my fuel pump/sending unit? i dont wanna have to replace the fuel pump every so many months or so if the system is gonna be too much. i wanna say im gonna be pushing about 3500 watts

Old 02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

That "thing" is the body of your car, underneath it is the gas tank. No you can't relocate it.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:51 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 93bumblebeeCAMARO
in the trunk area of my 93 camaro i have this "thing". is it the gas tank?its right behind the rear seats the top is covered with a carpet, but i dont knw if its the gas tank. it looks metal. also if it is can i place it somewhere else i want to use as much of the space as i can. i have 2 12's 4 10's 2 capacitors a battery 5 amps and alot of voices. i want to install all of this in my baby to really make her BOOM. if i cant relocate this, will the system damage my fuel pump/sending unit? i dont wanna have to replace the fuel pump every so many months or so if the system is gonna be too much. i wanna say im gonna be pushing about 3500 watts
LOL XD that thing is part of the vehicles structure. There is no moving it, and yes the gas tank is below that. You can fit two 12s in the trunk with a special enclosure from Crutchfield. Not that I'd recommend putting two 12s in any car, but to each their own.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:00 AM

lol thanks guys luciora, i bought this sytem for an accord wagon i was gonna make into a show car but got my baby instead so i figured i might put it in here guess thats not gonna happen now lol i paid well over 3k for it all and if i try and sell it i know i wont get near that back so im kinda stuck with it and i dont wanna put that much weight in my camaro the 12's and box alone weigh around 200 pounds =( oh well now gonna keep moving forward. is there a classified section in here i wanna see if someone has some goodies for sale

Old 02-15-2012, 01:18 AM
2nd Gear member

How do you go about powering such a huge set up? And mtx makes custom boxes that fit in the side by the spare tire and the other side.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:16 AM
4th Gear Member

You may be able to fit the two twelves where the spare tire is (and opposite of that) as mentioned, and the two tens will fit right in hatch space itself. Not sure why you'd want that many subs. I have one 10 in. in my hatch and pumps more than enough for me.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:39 PM
2nd Gear member

Why not go with a 12 just for the simple kick and maybe refresh the stock speakers with something different you may like or make small additions? And you could def use that cash in selling your setup to beef up your ride or for repairs/maintenance.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:34 PM

mike- that where the capacitors and optima batteries come in and using 0 gauge wire lol its ALOT of work
mkcoconuts- it was a set up i wanted to use for my show wagon but i decided to get my 'maro so i figured i moght try and put it in here i ended up splitting the system in half with my uncle he has an 08 maxima so i sold him 1 12 and 2 10's a couple of amps a capacitor and a battery for 800 now im trying to get the '10 maro rims to put on my baby and the rest of the system ima do like jguy07 said something for me to enjoy nothing crazy thanks guys for all your help

Old 02-16-2012, 01:44 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 93bumblebeeCAMARO
mike- that where the capacitors and optima batteries come in and using 0 gauge wire lol its ALOT of work
mkcoconuts- it was a set up i wanted to use for my show wagon but i decided to get my 'maro so i figured i moght try and put it in here i ended up splitting the system in half with my uncle he has an 08 maxima so i sold him 1 12 and 2 10's a couple of amps a capacitor and a battery for 800 now im trying to get the '10 maro rims to put on my baby and the rest of the system ima do like jguy07 said something for me to enjoy nothing crazy thanks guys for all your help
I don't think that the 2010 camaro rims fit on these cars.
There was a picture showing how much they dwarf the 4th gens.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:26 PM
2nd Gear member

They can fit, but not properly. The fitment is different and will put unnecessary pressure on the studs. That and they look huge sitting on a 4th gen.